Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure what happened but I found my pistol shrimp dead today (definitely not a molt) :crying-face:. I just finished Dino X treatment but my other shrimp are just fine. I am suspicious of my redhead solon wrasse who moved in to the same rock structure with my tiger shrimp and goby... Looking to get my goby a replacement friend now.

Cthulukelele

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure what happened but I found my pistol shrimp dead today (definitely not a molt) :crying-face:. I just finished Dino X treatment but my other shrimp are just fine. I am suspicious of my redhead solon wrasse who moved in to the same rock structure with my tiger shrimp and goby... Looking to get my goby a replacement friend now.
Could have had a reaction to the medication/subsequent Dino die off. Also failed molts kill a lot of shrimp when I BELIEVE iodine levels aren't quite right.

littlefoxx

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any halloween hermits? I put a pistol in my tank and Im pretty sure he picked a fight with either my halloween hermit or my blood shrimp and they took him out. New one seems to be fine though and paired with my goby with no problem. Just my experience

OP
OP
Keko21

Keko21

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any halloween hermits? I put a pistol in my tank and Im pretty sure he picked a fight with either my halloween hermit or my blood shrimp and they took him out. New one seems to be fine though and paired with my goby with no problem. Just my experience
No halloweens. I do have a blood shrimp but they seemed to get along fine. I ended up getting a Japanese snapping shrimp who I now never see. He came in TINY! Like maybe 1/2inch. I don't think it'll pair with my monster 6inch lagoon goby until it grows a bit. He's in there under the radar though, I hear him snapping!

littlefoxx

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No halloweens. I do have a blood shrimp but they seemed to get along fine. I ended up getting a Japanese snapping shrimp who I now never see. He came in TINY! Like maybe 1/2inch. I don't think it'll pair with my monster 6inch lagoon goby until it grows a bit. He's in there under the radar though, I hear him snapping!
Thats good! Ive never heard my tiger snap. But I saw him earlier today at feeding time, I guess his watchmen just makes him feel super safe lol

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back