Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I thought I was done arranging my Day-Glo Neon 80s Punk Rock Flower Garden (aka Zoa Garden), but I think the blue/green WWC Aoi needs something to set it off. I was thinking pink would be a good contrast. What Zoas do you have that are really hot neon pink? I was thinking maybe Twizzlers?

Yellow was my second thought, but it would need to be bright neon Hi-Liter yellow and I haven't seen any like that. Thoughts?

Filtered
IMG_20230205_174104.jpg

Unfiltered
IMG_20230205_174046.jpg

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
AtlantiCat

AtlantiCat

That Weirdo
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pink diamonds

but you could also roll with pink zippers
or awesome blossoms
Do you have any of these zoas? I'm looking for one that's really bright fluorescent pink, like it came straight out of a Hi-Liter marker.

OP
OP
AtlantiCat

AtlantiCat

That Weirdo
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zippers would be cool also pink diamonds. I do love awesome blossom but they are a smaller polyp so they tend to get beat when it comes to growth. At least for me.
Growth wouldn't be a problem, I can work with small. The issue is I need them to be bright fluorescent pink. Online, the Diamonds or the Blossoms *look* like they fit the bill, but I'm not sure they do in person. Can you confirm?

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
AtlantiCat

AtlantiCat

That Weirdo
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The awesome blossoms are really pretty and grow well once established. Have you considered a kh sunburst? Price and availability-wise its hard to beat. Just a very very link center and red-orange skirt.
Ooh, I like that, too! Thanks!

footgal

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I absolutely love your tank and yes!! you need more neon for sure. Pink diamonds are the brightest neon pink I can think of at the moment. They really do live up to their name I’ve seen a lot of them just make sure the lighting is quite strong. Pink hippos are a good dupe that should be cheaper and easier to find. They also grow larger polyps ime :)

I might be missing something, but do you not have utter chaos yet?? Absolutely a must have for this neon tank!! Pikachus, charmanders, magicians, scrambled eggs, seductions, and evil eyes are all super freaking neon! I definitely suggest checking those out too :) Happy reefing!

OP
OP
AtlantiCat

AtlantiCat

That Weirdo
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I absolutely love your tank and yes!! you need more neon for sure. Pink diamonds are the brightest neon pink I can think of at the moment. They really do live up to their name I’ve seen a lot of them just make sure the lighting is quite strong. Pink hippos are a good dupe that should be cheaper and easier to find. They also grow larger polyps ime :)

I might be missing something, but do you not have utter chaos yet?? Absolutely a must have for this neon tank!! Pikachus, charmanders, magicians, scrambled eggs, seductions, and evil eyes are all super freaking neon! I definitely suggest checking those out too :) Happy reefing!
Wow! I love the neon enthusiasm! I am working with what I can find and this is my first tank so I am shying away from the more expensive polyps for now and going with the cheaper and more easily findable ones.

I am definitely going to go with the Pink Diamonds for this tank and if things go well through the Summer, I'm going to convert a freshwater tank in the fall and cycle it in time to pick up some stuff at Aquashella in October.

Then I'll probably take the less-neon colors out of this tank (Safecracker, Aoi, maybe Bob Marley) and swap for the neon-est colors I can find! I have bookmarked your post and will start my hunt with the polyps you recommended. Thanks so much! :) Tank on!

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Reef Breeders
Back