Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blue Zoo Aquatics, LiveAquaria, Live Rock N Reef, Vivid Aquariums, Too Fishy, and Aquarium Creations Online all say they carry them - The first two are legitimate businesses for sure, but I wouldn’t recommend LiveAquaria based on recent shipping issue reviews. I have no idea if the others are legitimate or scams, as I don’t recall at the moment if I’ve heard of people ordering from them (so please research these before ordering from any of them, and order at your own risk). The cucumber you’re after - Pentacta anceps - seems to be out of stock just about everywhere at the moment, though, so I’m not sure if they’re seasonal or if no one is wholesaling them anymore. If Blue Zoo Aquatics gets them back in at some point, I’d personally order from them (I’ve heard a lot of good things about BZA).

OP
OP
SCReef'n

SCReef'n

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blue Zoo Aquatics, LiveAquaria, Live Rock N Reef, Vivid Aquariums, Too Fishy, and Aquarium Creations Online all say they carry them - The first two are legitimate businesses for sure, but I wouldn’t recommend LiveAquaria based on recent shipping issue reviews. I have no idea if the others are legitimate or scams, as I don’t recall at the moment if I’ve heard of people ordering from them (so please research these before ordering from any of them, and order at your own risk). The cucumber you’re after - Pentacta anceps - seems to be out of stock just about everywhere at the moment, though, so I’m not sure if they’re seasonal or if no one is wholesaling them anymore. If Blue Zoo Aquatics gets them back in at some point, I’d personally order from them (I’ve heard a lot of good things about BZA).
Yeah that a vendor I have some experience with. I may try contacting them

livinlifeinBKK

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you get one just be careful to try not to handle it with your bare hands...i have a pink/orange one which is a pretty closely related species and after posting pics of it on here heard a personal account of someone who was sent to the ER due to the toxins extruded through the cucumbers skin when he was trying to move it. Also know that they're kinda like nems in the sense that they'll move around the tank and settle wherever they please since they want to find a place with perfect flow as filter feeders (they settle down in one place and don't move around after they find somewhere they like unlike sediment feeding cucumbers). I'm not a big fan of where mine decided he liked to be (wedged halfway up the side of the tank between my HOB filter and the glass) but then again, at least i can see him well and believe he's happy there, otherwise he'd move.

SueAndHerZoo

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG - I'm searching, too, that's what brought me here! I had one when I first started my tanks and it was my favorite creature. Everyone seems to be "out of stock" so I guess it was beginner's luck when I was getting my first livestock, came across one at a LFS, not even knowing anything about them but decided it was cool looking and bought it. I keep telling everyone all I want for Christmas is a cucumber!
Sue

AquaCave Logo Banner

livinlifeinBKK

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ironically a shop literally just got a bunch of the pink/orange ones like mine in stock last week...wish I could help you guys out but not sure how i could being where i am... they are really cool! Not hard to maintain either from my experience.
Pink/Orange Sea Cucumbers

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Your Reef
Back