Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am fairly new to hobby, busy with life but I started using phytoplankton specifically Tommy Phyto that I bought at coral show and I was amazed. My tank has exploded with growth and my tank is extremely happy. I don't have a lot of time to fiddle with it daily so I added it to my dose. Amazing
I was worried my numbers would go out of line due to it but has kept my tank stable, no die off.
I would recommend this to anyone. It is so easy

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

Rtaylor

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am fairly new to hobby, busy with life but I started using phytoplankton specifically Tommy Phyto that I bought at coral show and I was amazed. My tank has exploded with growth and my tank is extremely happy. I don't have a lot of time to fiddle with it daily so I added it to my dose. Amazing
I was worried my numbers would go out of line due to it but has kept my tank stable, no die off.
If you plan to use it regularly, consider looking into culturing it. It’s very easy and will save you some cash.

Steve2020

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are dosing with a doser I am assuming you are following his instructions on keeping it refrigerated. If not refrigerated it will spoil fairly quickly. Algae Barn says their OceanMagik live phyto will spoil in a few hours when kept at room temp. I am assuming other phyto blends will do the same. Refrigeration keeps the Phyto in hibernation allowing it to maintain its nutritional value. Some people that dose phyto with a doser will put it in a mini fridge and drill a small hole in the fridge for the dosing line. The one thing that confuses me is even the people that dose from a fridge still have a high possibility of dosing spoiled phyto due to the phyto that is still in the dosing line when the dosser stops running. Myself I manually dose 120ml every other day with an 8 Species Blend Phyto that is harvested by a member on this site that has been selling it on here for the last 2 years. It is great stuff and probably more dense and cheaper than anything you can purchase anywhere else IMO. I used it as part of my Dino eradication process. My pod population has totally exploded.
Below is a photo comparison of a reputable harvester of 6 Blend Phyto ( middle bottle ) and the 8 species blend phyto from the member on this site ( the two outside bottles ). Big difference in density as you can see.
The member on this site is Eldredge if interested in reading about the phyto he harvests.
20220811_133809.jpg

Cthulukelele

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are dosing with a doser I am assuming you are following his instructions on keeping it refrigerated. If not refrigerated it will spoil fairly quickly. Algae Barn says their OceanMagik live phyto will spoil in a few hours when kept at room temp. I am assuming other phyto blends will do the same. Refrigeration keeps the Phyto in hibernation allowing it to maintain its nutritional value. Some people that dose phyto with a doser will put it in a mini fridge and drill a small hole in the fridge for the dosing line. The one thing that confuses me is even the people that dose from a fridge still have a high possibility of dosing spoiled phyto due to the phyto that is still in the dosing line when the dosser stops running. Myself I manually dose 120ml every other day with an 8 Species Blend Phyto that is harvested by a member on this site that has been selling it on here for the last 2 years. It is great stuff and probably more dense and cheaper than anything you can purchase anywhere else IMO. I used it as part of my Dino eradication process. My pod population has totally exploded.
Below is a photo comparison of a reputable harvester of 6 Blend Phyto ( middle bottle ) and the 8 species blend phyto from the member on this site ( the two outside bottles ). Big difference in density as you can see.
The member on this site is Eldredge if interested in reading about the phyto he harvests.
View attachment 2975749
Seconding this. Best phyto I've ever used, fantastic communication, great prices.
20230112_182157.jpg
20230112_182154.jpg

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Back