Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
recently picked up a photon 24 and have been messing with the settings(only been reefing for a few months), was curious what others run on theirs. Currently doesn't have corals but will be LPS dominate with some SPS eventually.

light is sitting 10" above a Biocube 32 at the moment. Cant get a par meter since im not near a LFS. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Top Shelf Aquatics

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using RB Photons for years. The best value in a well made controllablr fixture.

I ran the blues between 70% and 90%, and the whites at 20% to 30%. You can do whatever you want with the red and green, Just remember that red is good for algae, blue is good for coral.

I run a 3 or 4 sunrise, then 4 hours of high midday settings and then a 4 or 5 hour sunset. The hour either side of the midday is still pretty high and that gives the tank a full 6 to maybe 8 hours of enough light for photosynthesis. The rest of sunrise and sunset is just for looks.

Have fun with it. BTW, I own a PAR meter and I get PAR of 100 to 150 at the sand and 200 to 250 at the top of the rocks.

OP
OP
Dknight43

Dknight43

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using RB Photons for years. The best value in a well made controllablr fixture.

I ran the blues between 70% and 90%, and the whites at 20% to 30%. You can do whatever you want with the red and green, Just remember that red is good for algae, blue is good for coral.

I run a 3 or 4 sunrise, then 4 hours of high midday settings and then a 4 or 5 hour sunset. The hour either side of the midday is still pretty high and that gives the tank a full 6 to maybe 8 hours of enough light for photosynthesis. The rest of sunrise and sunset is just for looks.

Have fun with it. BTW, I own a PAR meter and I get PAR of 100 to 150 at the sand and 200 to 250 at the top of the rocks.
Ok, thank you. I was just trying to figure out the hours I should run, currently am running a 2 hour sunrise 8 hour midday and 2 hour sunset. But I’ll start tweaking it now

CLICK TO VIEW

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An 8 hour midday is fine. Some people run it even longer with no ill effects. But biologists say anything more than about 6 to 8 hours doesn't do much good either.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Reef Kinetics
Back