+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

Hoping for some advice. I dosed 12 drops of Phosphate RX into my tank this afternoon to lower my phosphates from .11 to .04, which worked. My black tang is now acting lethargic and is hiding.

He did eat afterwards and his breathing is not labored. He is just not grazing like normal and staying in 1 cave.

I added granulated carbon to the tank hoping it may help. Will he recover on his own or is there something I can do to help him before it’s too late?

please help!

AquaCave Logo Banner

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

Hoping for some advice. I dosed 12 drops of Phosphate RX into my tank this afternoon to lower my phosphates from .11 to .04, which worked. My black tang is now acting lethargic and is hiding.

He did eat afterwards and his breathing is not labored. He is just not grazing like normal and staying in 1 cave.

I added granulated carbon to the tank hoping it may help. Will he recover on his own or is there something I can do to help him before it’s too late?

please help!
Just seeing your post this morning. That product contains lanthanum chloride. When added to tank water it creates a precipitate that needs to be filtered out, else it harms the fish’s gills, especially with tangs. Carbon won’t help. Moving the fish to a new tank might help, but the best way to deal with this is to use micron level filtration on the effluent water after adding it, to trap the fine particles.
Jay

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Kessil
Back