Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I thought I’d let you know that petsmart is running a sale on there 5 gallon buckets of instant ocean reef salt. It was 79.99 but is now dropped down to 39.99 which is half of basically. I’m not sure how long the sale last but it’s online and what you do when you go to pay you pull the price match off of there website and they will match it!! Hope you guys get some of this great deal!!!

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So ... That has been the online sale vs store price for at least a year. It's not a sale. They knowing double it in store.

PetSmart also has a national shortage on IORC. They don't have it in stock in any store (5 store) within 30 mi of me And it hasn't been available for over a month.

Nutramar Foods

Gtinnel

10K Club member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep that’s what they regularly charge for it online. I usually stock up when I find it for under $30 per bucket.
I couldn’t image anyone actually pays $80 for a bucket of IORC.

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep that’s what they regularly charge for it online. I usually stock up when I find it for under $30 per bucket.
I couldn’t image anyone actually pays $80 for a bucket of IORC.
$80 is our regular price here in Ontario, online and in store :rolleyes:

Top Shelf Aquatics

Gtinnel

10K Club member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think about $35 is the most I’ve ever paid for a bucket, but again I stock up when I find good sales. I currently have 3 buckets and 2 boxes and I paid about $25 for each bucket/box.
If I had to pay $80 I’d switch to a better brand, although I’m guessing in Canada those probably cost more also.

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think about $35 is the most I’ve ever paid for a bucket, but again I stock up when I find good sales. I currently have 3 buckets and 2 boxes and I paid about $25 for each bucket/box.
If I had to pay $80 I’d switch to a better brand, although I’m guessing in Canada those probably cost more also.
Yup, TMP is almost double, then there's a big shipping charge because of the weight. There's only IO REG AND IORC available in my city

Top Shelf Aquatics

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$80 for a 48# bucket of IO? ouch.

Petsmart had the 14 lb bags of Fritz RPM on sale a few weeks ago with an extra 15% off.
You could buy (4) 14# lb bags = 56 lbs. for $48.42 plus tax.

I ordered 84# of the Fritz (6 bags) for $72 plus tax. all with free shipping.

I use both Live Aquaria and Fritz RPM salt interchangeably. It's all the same salt as far as I can tell. exact same specs/labels. I buy whichever of the two that goes on sale. When a sale happens, I buy a bucket or box whether I need it or not. That way I always have plenty on hand and I'm not stuck panic buying salt or without salt if I need to do some big water changes all of a sudden.

I've got (2) buckets of LA salt and now these (6) bags of Fritz so I'm set to wait until the next sale pops up and then I'll grab another bucket or box or two.

OP
OP
Impala67

Impala67

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$80 for a 48# bucket of IO? ouch.

Petsmart had the 14 lb bags of Fritz RPM on sale a few weeks ago with an extra 15% off.
You could buy (4) 14# lb bags = 56 lbs. for $48.42 plus tax.

I ordered 84# of the Fritz (6 bags) for $72 plus tax. all with free shipping.

I use both Live Aquaria and Fritz RPM salt interchangeably. It's all the same salt as far as I can tell. exact same specs/labels. I buy whichever of the two that goes on sale. When a sale happens, I buy a bucket or box whether I need it or not. That way I always have plenty on hand and I'm not stuck panic buying salt or without salt if I need to do some big water changes all of a sudden.

I've got (2) buckets of LA salt and now these (6) bags of Fritz so I'm set to wait until the next sale pops up and then I'll grab another bucket or box or two.
Well the way things are now buy it before it’s too late!!! We’re experiencing shortages of all sorts of saltwater products!!! That’s why when I see it I buy it!! Better safe than sorry lol

DJF

The key to a successful reef is to never leave
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use both Live Aquaria and Fritz RPM salt interchangeably. It's all the same salt as far as I can tell. exact same specs/labels.

Cool insight- I switched from TM to LA salt and love it (except that it’s 50/50 whether the box arrives undamaged). Good to know I can interchange with Fritz without messing up my parameters.

Nutramar Foods

Duncan62

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I thought I’d let you know that petsmart is running a sale on there 5 gallon buckets of instant ocean reef salt. It was 79.99 but is now dropped down to 39.99 which is half of basically. I’m not sure how long the sale last but it’s online and what you do when you go to pay you pull the price match off of there website and they will match it!! Hope you guys get some of this great deal!!!
It's 39 bucks at Chewy all the time. I checked before typing this. 3 months ago it was 2 for 39. I got 4.

92Miata

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IO is cheap because they sell about 10 times as much salt as everyone else, combined. They're the supplier for pretty much every major institution in the western hemisphere.

There really aren't any better salts. Tropic Marin is a cheap salt in Europe. Its expensive here because shipping buckets of salt across the ocean is expensive, and hugely wasteful.

Big Smelly fish

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I buy IO or RC from chewy. Price is great and I get three buckets at a time. I use a bucket a week so I have to get a salt at a reasonable price. But I do like both so no an issue.

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
80$ us?

Screenshot_20220523-110235_Google.jpg

Nutramar Foods

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IO is cheap because they sell about 10 times as much salt as everyone else, combined. They're the supplier for pretty much every major institution in the western hemisphere.

There really aren't any better salts. Tropic Marin is a cheap salt in Europe. Its expensive here because shipping buckets of salt across the ocean is expensive, and hugely wasteful.
Thats all the 4lfs I go to uses..they have pallets worth of it around the stores

Projects with Sam

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just got 2 for $85 with tax for me to pickup at the petsmart 15min from my house. I'd go there a lot when I was into Cichlid. haven't been since I started Saltwater. They didn't do saltwater.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Zoanthids.com
Back