Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a red planaria problem and read that spotted mandarins eat them. I also have a couple of can o cyclops and a decent copepod population. Is it a good idea to order one off petco? Never read about any problems but kind of concerned because it's a fragile fish. Also thinking about sixline wrasse.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have a red planaria problem and read that spotted mandarins eat them. I also have a couple of can o cyclops and a decent copepod population. Is it a good idea to order one off petco? Never read about any problems but kind of concerned because it's a fragile fish. Also thinking about sixline wrasse.
Mandarins and dragonettes may eat them. Sure fish are yellow coris wrasse and springieri damsels.

Jmp998

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Biota captive bred mandarins are a little more expensive but more likely to survive, feed on 'normal' fish food, and more sustainable. Sixlines are easy to keep but sometimes mean.

As mentioned above, yellow coris are popular and supposedly relatively easy to keep (I have no experience with those).

Top Shelf Aquatics

Jmp998

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fun fact: you can get Petco to order from Biota Palau and then get 20% off using their vital care program. That way you can see if the fish is active/alive before buying.
Cool. I had no idea you could order Biota through Petco. Can you pick up still in the bag? I would not want a fish that had been in any of the Petco holding tanks near me (unless I was trying to do a parasitology study or something :p).

Fapman

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Fun fact: you can get Petco to order from Biota Palau and then get 20% off using their vital care program. That way you can see if the fish is active/alive before buying.
I should have done this sooner because I just ordered a spotted madarin from Petco on Friday.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Corals.com
Back