Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never really had an issue with pests in my Reef Aquariums over the years but eventually, it was bound to happen. I have Aiptasia now spreading throughout the tank, and a huge outbreak of Asterina Starfish, I'm sure they all slipped in somehow with frags E.T.C. Needless to say, I have tried all the usual to get rid of both pests, manual removal of the star fish taking out a couple hundred at time and they come back 10 fold. Aiptasia I have tried Aiptasia X, Joes Juice, Lemon Juice nothing seems to work they keep coming back. So now I am thinking of buying some animals to combat the issues, Harlequin Shrimp for the Star fish issue, and either a Copper Band or some Peppermint Shrimp for the Aiptasia issue. Before I jump in head first I would appreciate any feedback pros cons E.T.C to the above issue. Thank you!

Nutramar Foods

Big Smelly fish

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been dealing with a aptasia problem. Mostly behind my rock , I use a Majano wand for the ones that pop up in the front. But that’s a job and I can’t get them all. I tried a file fish without any luck.
I’m also thinking of a copper band and peppermint shrimp if I can get some from the gulf. Not all will eat aptasia

GatorGreg

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been dealing with a aptasia problem. Mostly behind my rock , I use a Majano wand for the ones that pop up in the front. But that’s a job and I can’t get them all. I tried a file fish without any luck.
I’m also thinking of a copper band and peppermint shrimp if I can get some from the gulf. Not all will eat aptasia
How does that wand work? I want one

Top Shelf Aquatics

Super Fly

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
from my experience w Asterina, after trying to remove them manually I left them alone and eventually they died off. Now I see one or two occasionally in the tank. For Aiptasia, Absolutely Fish sells nudibranch

AquaCave Logo Banner
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Tank Stop
Back