People call my coral plants and I am fine with that.

BRS

MNFish

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some people over regularly that call my coral plants. I tried to explain they were not, the first few times, now I realize there is no point.

They still think they are really cool and they would never have a reef so in the end I guess it does not matter.

The funny thing is I have been to others places with a reef and they get upset if you do not know the scientific names of the coral.

I think a lot of times in this hobby we do not do the best at meeting people where they are at. We assume sometimes, that what we learned over years of reefing and making mistakes should be known by everyone.

I appreciate reef2reef, and all the people who are willing to share their knowledge and expertise without judgment.

I will admit I still want to pull my hair out every time I see a just added fish to new tank and they are dying post. However reading the post from caring people trying to help and educate with passion truly warms my heart.

Well I better go my plants need to be fed.

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some people over regularly that call my coral plants. I tried to explain they were not, the first few times, now I realize there is no point.

They still think they are really cool and they would never have a reef so in the end I guess it does not matter.

The funny thing is I have been to others places with a reef and they get upset if you do not know the scientific names of the coral.

I think a lot of times in this hobby we do not do the best at meeting people where they are at. We assume sometimes, that what we learned over years of reefing and making mistakes should be known by everyone.

I appreciate reef2reef, and all the people who are willing to share their knowledge and expertise without judgment.

I will admit I still want to pull my hair out every time I see a just added fish to new tank and they are dying post. However reading the post from caring people trying to help and educate with passion truly warms my heart.

Well I better go my plants need to be fed.
I get confused when people start saying all the various scientific names for a coral, and I'm just like, that's a nice torch or acro. Everyone comes from different experiences and backgrounds and I agree that I am happy Reef2Reef is a judgment-free zone and people regardless of knowledge and experience can post without feeling like they are going to get cut down.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
RC
Back