Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m on the verge on pulling the trigger on my tank upgrade and had been dead set on the Cade 1500 Peninsula. Then, I saw that Red Sea had just updated their Peninsula lineup with the G2+ designs, which is now making me wonder if the Red Sea R-700 G2+ is worth considering.

A couple points I’m weighing:
  • Biggest positive for the Red Sea is their top and bottom eurobracing whereas Cade offers no bracing
  • The Cade is several hundred dollars cheaper
  • Cade also has more depth at 30” vs 26” for the Red Sea (important for scaping in a peninsula)
  • Cade also has good documentation/schematics on their sumps, though, plug and play for the Red Sea Rollermats is attractive (I’d wait for the Reef Factory rollermats if I go with Cade)
  • Stand design on the Cade appears best-in-class, all aluminum + glass vs. aluminum + plywood on the Red Seas
  • I slightly prefer plumbing on the Red Sea (whereas Cade seems over engineered, and I won’t need a chiller)
Has anyone pulled their own trigger on the updated Red Sea Peninsulas? Do you think the updated design is worth reconsidering Red Sea (i.e. what we know about RS failures and resulting customer support)?

Thanks all!

OP
OP
argiBK

argiBK

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's a tough one. The Red Sea includes the new ATO. Plus all the new Red Sea goodies like the DC skimmer and Sicce-made pumps (you can also run these in the Cade).

Almost all my equipment is gathered. Plan is to eventually upgrade to a LifeReef skimmer (have an Maxpsect Jump right now) and run it part-time alongside a Santa Monica algae scrubber. Return pump is a Current USA 6011 (3170 GPH).

Corals.com

blaxsun

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost all my equipment is gathered. Plan is to eventually upgrade to a LifeReef skimmer (have an Maxpsect Jump right now) and run it part-time alongside a Santa Monica algae scrubber. Return pump is a Current USA 6011 (3170 GPH).
If Cade was available here I'd have a Cade. But it's not, so I have a Red Sea.

SpyC

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CLICK TO VIEW
OP
OP
argiBK

argiBK

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Issues with the og and g2 have, I would never consider a redsea tank.

Ah, so the G2s are still having seam issues, even with the additional bracing? Yikes!

Top Shelf Aquatics

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before you pull the trigger on such a large purchase do a lot of research on Red Sea tank issues. Remember you may have a tank 10+ years and I think our goal here is to have a very mature tank and a lot can happen in those years. The last thing you want is a tank failure, so do plenty of research. I would join the Red Sea Facebook group and go back and look at some of the past post on failures, look at the models that have failed and see what the Red Sea response was. You may still think the risk of failure is slim and worth it, but at least spend some time looking.

trixter227

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah, so the G2s are still having seam issues, even with the additional bracing? Yikes!
I like to qawk at the diffrance in glass thickness manufacturers use for similar aquariums. IM uses 3/4 AND euro top braceing on the 112gallon. Some even use 1/2 with no brace...

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Southwest Aquaculture - a coral lover's dream!
Back