Peek-a-boo: Do your critters have favorite hiding places?

BRS

Do your critters have favorite hiding places?

• Yes, I know where to look to find them.

Votes: 117 63.6%
  • Somewhat, they are often in the same place.

Votes: 38 20.7%
  • Kind of. They sometimes show up in certain hiding spots.

Votes: 17 9.2%
  • Not really. They hide and then reappear from somewhere.

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.7%

• Total voters

Peace River

Thrive Master
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Peek-a-boo: Do your critters have favorite hiding places?

Sometimes our fish and invertebrates are always in the same hiding place as covert sentinels and other times they seemingly disappear for days or weeks at a time only to reappear at random. Whether you can see them or not, as you watch your tank have you found that your critters have favorite hiding places? Let us know in the thread that follows what your experience is with the lurkers in your tank!

Pro Tip: When you are re-aquascaping or moving things around in your tank, for both your safety and the safety of your livestock, be aware that there may be something hiding in or under what you are about to move! I have been startled more than once by a forgotten tank resident!

oceanleaf_CrabInMonti.jpeg

Photo by @oceanleaf

This QOTD is sponsored by: www.worldwidecorals.com

WWCBanner.png

“We differentiate ourselves from other vendors by offering our customers full transparency into our facility and practices. Setting the industry standard for shipping techniques, accurate high-quality photos, hard to find corals, and customer service. For some hobbyists buying live coral online can seem like a risky endeavor. At WWC our staff takes the worry out of the equation by culturing extremely healthy corals, giving you a hassle-free guarantee, and providing you with a full online customer service team to ensure you are completely satisfied with your purchase.”

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
mine typically run to certain zones of the tank but not always do they remain. With 42 fish, its hard for many of them to claim real estate.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
Let's see some of those peekaboo shots!!

Jwise

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can find my young hippo tang that nuzzles himself inside the rock but he is starting to get too big for his favorite spot and his tail is almost always sticking out of the spot. My white tail bristle tooth uses the same island in the middle of the tank but uses the bottom of that island. I also know that my gem tang likes to hide in the rocks to the left of my display. My foxface lo also hides in the same side of the aquarium in the island of rock on the left and so does my purple tang sometimes. My blonde naso always hides and sleeps in the right side of my aquarium in the island on that side. My white cheeked tang kinda just hides wherever he feels like and my two yellow tangs kinda do the same thing. My diamond watchman goby has burrows at every one of my islands and so he just bounces around the tank from one to another. And my blue streaked gobies are always just doing whatever. And my clownfish likes to either hang out around my overflow or around all the seaweed clips.

WarChief

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So got me a Purdy Rainbow Nem and it is being a little punk. First put him on the rock, well he decides he doesnt like said rock and hides under said rock. I know its new and he is acclimating and figuring out where he wants to go. This morning he was on the opposite side of this rock so he is checking stuff out. I just wish I could see him more....

Attachments

• IMG_1885.jpg
    IMG_1885.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1912.jpg
    IMG_1912.jpg
    268.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1913.jpg
    IMG_1913.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1924.jpg
    IMG_1924.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 29

paragrouper

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Muffin87

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clownfish have an abusive domestic partnership.
The male has found a crevice where he likes to sleep, but because the female goes aggro on him when I feed, he refuses to let her in at night.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

AVAST
Back