Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s funny how you can be in the hobby for years and still get surprised and excited when your coral are doing good. I lost my 5 year old football sized elegance last year and mourned over it as if it was a dog or cat. I replaced it with a bubble coral, but it doesn’t have the same character. Then I got my hands on a small frag of Space Invaders pectinia. I hemmed and hawed for a little and then it started to win me over. I used to compare my elegance to the Sarlac pit from Star Wars, it it doesn’t hold a candle next to this thing!
54BBFD0C-AE64-40CF-89CA-23FC2D309CFD.jpeg

EF2977CB-B42D-4ECE-A937-F48E31AA7A35.jpeg

If I could take decent video it would make more sense. The sweepers on this thing just look ANGRY. I love it. The flesh is puffy and actually waves in the flow too. It’s doubled in size since I got it last year and if all goes well I’ll frag it (which you can’t do with elegance, safely anyway), and propagate it in my other tank. This baby colony is about 4 inches across. Can someone post their large colonies if they’re out there and willing? Thanks

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
OP
OP
uhgster1

uhgster1

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you target feed it? I’m just noticing how many mouths yours has. I feed mine almost every other day. The flesh is super puffy but the colony as a whole only has 2 mouths with a third just now starting.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CLICK TO VIEW

Acropora52

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you target feed it? I’m just noticing how many mouths yours has. I feed mine almost every other day. The flesh is super puffy but the colony as a whole only has 2 mouths with a third just now starting.

No I'm lazy. I feed about once every couple months when I remember. I'll have to start doing it more frequently. It also always gets relegated to the corner because of sweepers and lower light requirements

Did you see that new pectina (I think it is anyway) on Tidal Gardens today or yesterday. It was the green and yellow, but had pinks and reds. Was gorgeous!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/search/top?q=tidal gardens

Hi, any pics? For some reason the link didn't work for me.

Nutramar Foods

Oredigger77

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can pectina frags be kept close to each other, or will they try to kill one another?
I'm hardly the expert since I'm having some weird recession on my pectinia right now but I have my big rainbow colony and my little space invader frag less than 6" apart and there hasn't been any sign of warfare. We'll see once I get them back growing and the get closer if it will cause issues.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
The Random Flow Generator® Nozzle by VCA
Back