Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone had any experience or success removing just a portion of their Vinyl background from a tank? I have about 1 foot that will hang out beyond a wall and I am looking to create a "penisula" look where it can be seen from the back side. I did see Devin fromReefDudes talking about this being easy from complete removal but....not sure how it works out when you need to cut only a foot off.

I am a bit nervous to use a straight razor to cut the vinyl 1' from the side as I wonder if I will scratch the glass permanently?

Anyone have advice or experience with this is apprecaited.

Nutramar Foods

Soren

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone had any experience or success removing just a portion of their Vinyl background from a tank? I have about 1 foot that will hang out beyond a wall and I am looking to create a "penisula" look where it can be seen from the back side. I did see Devin fromReefDudes talking about this being easy from complete removal but....not sure how it works out when you need to cut only a foot off.

I am a bit nervous to use a straight razor to cut the vinyl 1' from the side as I wonder if I will scratch the glass permanently?

Anyone have advice or experience with this is apprecaited.
I have no first-hand experience, but it seems safest to me to remove the entire piece of vinyl, cut down to the new dimension, then reapply the finished piece to cover where desired.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Queen City Corals
Back