Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just downloaded the Photone app so I don’t have to buy an expensive par meter, only to use it a couple times in a month, but I don’t completely trust the results. I was wondering if there is anybody in south jersey, or around south jersey, that is willing to lend me their par meter, or sell to me (I am on a budget, so I wouldn’t be able to spend that much). Also, what are good places to rent Pat meters in south jersey or online? My LFS doesn’t sell or rent them, and BRS is too expensive for me just to rent.

Nutramar Foods
AS
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

jimfish98

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The app is called Photone and you have to buy the Blue/White LED spectrum for $5.99 I believe. For the most part I have seen the measurement as 7-10% under actual PAR per reviews when someone has put it to use against a PAR meter. Given the cost of rental at a shop, or the buy and return at BRS with the $80 restock fee....I opted to use the app to find PAR in my new set up. Once you own it, its a lifetime use so you can use it on your tank, help a friend with theirs, etc without reoccurring rental costs.

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a member of NJRC and there is a member I know of I’m north Jersey that was willing to let members access his apogee 510. I haven’t gotten around to it yet but I should have. Was a while ago . it was a generous offer tbh. Quality members.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
OP
OP
A

ASWoodsy

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a member of NJRC and there is a member I know of I’m north Jersey that was willing to let members access his apogee 510. I haven’t gotten around to it yet but I should have. Was a while ago . it was a generous offer tbh. Quality members.
I would rent one to people for $10 if I had the money to buy one.

legionofdoon

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The app is called Photone and you have to buy the Blue/White LED spectrum for $5.99 I believe. For the most part I have seen the measurement as 7-10% under actual PAR per reviews when someone has put it to use against a PAR meter. Given the cost of rental at a shop, or the buy and return at BRS with the $80 restock fee....I opted to use the app to find PAR in my new set up. Once you own it, its a lifetime use so you can use it on your tank, help a friend with theirs, etc without reoccurring rental costs.
The app apparently has to be calibrated to each phone model. They have a lot of phones calibrated automatically but unfortunately not all.

legionofdoon

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The app apparently has to be calibrated to each phone model. They have a lot of phones calibrated automatically but unfortunately not all.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221024-170458.png
    Screenshot_20221024-170458.png
    110.2 KB · Views: 20
BRS
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Nutramar Foods
AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

https://www.triton.de/en/
Back