Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, is there anyone with experience in compatibility of macroalgae (Chaeto) and Ozone dosing?

I'm dosing about 10mg/h in my 90 gallon, i try to hold my ORP steadily at +350mV. That way i beat my GHA rather quickly, to my surprise.

I run an algae reactor with Chaeto and i'm not sure if it kills it off currently or just stunts the growth. Anyone running low dose Ozone successfully with a Refugium?

Top Shelf Aquatics

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In general, ozone does not typically reduce hair algae, although that is occasionally mentioned.

I've used it with macroalgae just fine.

Ozone alters the form of some trace elements in the aquarium, and might impact organisms in some aquaria for that reason

Top Shelf Aquatics

lone reefer

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In general, ozone does not typically reduce hair algae, although that is occasionally mentioned.

I've used it with macroalgae just fine.

Ozone alters the form of some trace elements in the aquarium, and might impact organisms in some aquaria for that reason
Is there an optimal place in the sump to dose ozone? Either before or after refugium? I have a small pump with a Venturi attached to an inexpensive ozone generator. If I put the pump before my refugium I’m concerned it might harm my macro algae or pod population. But if I install after the fuge I get a lot of bubbles from the display. How important is the placement?

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

SaltwaterAquarium.com
Back