+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Reefers,

So I have been cycling my 10 gallon saltwater for 3-4 weeks now and am looking to add a fish. I just don’t know how much oxygen my tank is getting I have to attachments for my filter 1. Is a fast flowing wave maker and 2. is a bubbler with a good amount of flow as well that would work as a wave maker too. I’ve gotten it down so the out put is maybe 20 tiny bubbles every 4 seconds. Which one would be better for the fish?

Nutramar Foods

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish and starfish lover!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d attach a small powerhead such as a Sicce pump or Hygger mini on Amazon would work! In a small tank like that just the output nozzle angled correctly would suffice as well.

LordofCinder

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we usually don't use bubblers in saltwater, when the bubbles surface and burst, they create tiny little splashes which eventually causes a buildup of saltcreep. It can be very messy.

As mentioned above, the best way is to point a powerhead at the service to create a lot of agitation, the water surface should never be still.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Subsea

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Reefers,

So I have been cycling my 10 gallon saltwater for 3-4 weeks now and am looking to add a fish. I just don’t know how much oxygen my tank is getting I have to attachments for my filter 1. Is a fast flowing wave maker and 2. is a bubbler with a good amount of flow as well that would work as a wave maker too. I’ve gotten it down so the out put is maybe 20 tiny bubbles every 4 seconds. Which one would be better for the fish?
Welcome to the hobby and to r2r. I have been addicted for 52years.

Is this your first marine aquarium? Starting a tank thread is a good place to keep a running journal of your system and it provides information for others to assist with diagnoses. Then put tank thread in your signature.

Have you considered your tank theme: will it be FOWLR
(fish only with live rock) or might I suggest a mixed garden with softies & aemone. After you determine your livestock, that allows equipment selection to match livestock, with special emphasis on lights and pumps.

What are you presently using for lights and
circulation? Also, can you better describe how you cycled this tank thru the nitrification bacteria cycle.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
NicerReefs. Your Reef. But Nicer.
Back