+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello to all,

I am moving from a 140 gal to a 210 gal (7x2x2) tank. I just bought a modular marine overflow (1800 gph). My initial thought is to place it on the back of the tank in the middle. This I would believe would be the best in term of the overall flow in the tank.

However, my concern is maintenance, as the box and the pipes will be very hard to reach. Should I be concerned about that? If so, what do you suggest?

As a side note, using gyres for water movement.

Would appreciate your advice.

Greetings from Costa Rica,

Cristian

mnl119

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello to all,

I am moving from a 140 gal to a 210 gal (7x2x2) tank. I just bought a modular marine overflow (1800 gph). My initial thought is to place it on the back of the tank in the middle. This I would believe would be the best in term of the overall flow in the tank.

However, my concern is maintenance, as the box and the pipes will be very hard to reach. Should I be concerned about that? If so, what do you suggest?

As a side note, using gyres for water movement.

Would appreciate your advice.

Greetings from Costa Rica,

Cristian
As long as you have sufficient water movement within the tank, I'd think you'd be fine no matter where you place the overflow. You could even plumb the return into the tank at the farthest point enabling a side placement to have the max mixing of return water.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back