Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been running 2 canister filters on my 180 gallon FOWLR for the past year and I am currently getting everything together to upgrade to a sump. Currently my tank is simply drilled (up near the top of the back wall) and does not have any overflow boxes. I was looking at getting a CPR Aquatics retrofit overflow (extra large) and adding it when I do the sump, my question is: since there's already livestock, live rock, etc. in the tank what would be the fastest way to attach the over flow box? I have looked at some silicone non-toxic sealants but the lowest cure time so far has been Aqueon. Regardless I don't think it's possibly to have the filtration off for days while the silicone cures. Do you know of a faster curing adhesive to use?

Corals.com
Top Shelf Aquatics
Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
M

Mr. Hyde

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s the spacing between them and what was it drilled to accept
They were drilled for 3/4" bulkheads that have thread X Barb adapters to attach to the hoses for the canister filter (one in and one out). I have 4 holes drilled for the filters. There's a set of 2 holes on each end of the tank, and they are approximately 8 inches apart. I have been looking at some of the overflow boxes that use the bulk head to attach but most of them are in 1" widths.

ryanjohn1

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your probably gonna have to look at smaller ones like in the 300 gph range and do multiple of them. It’s going be a problem for you to find an overflow with 3/4 hole for tank. You may have to DIY one because of the size

AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Aquatic Life TDS Pen Offer
Back