Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys so I have a difficult decision to make. I have enough money for one of three things. A protein skimmer, a return pump and overflow cover, or miracle mud and fertilizer and a light for my mangrove tank. So I need to figure out what my most important thing to get on my list and go ahead and get it. Thank you for your help.

World Wide Corals

Thomas Jedlicka

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys so I have a difficult decision to make. I have enough money for one of three things. A protein skimmer, a return pump and overflow cover, or miracle mud and fertilizer and a light for my mangrove tank. So I need to figure out what my most important thing to get on my list and go ahead and get it. Thank you for your help.
Do you currently have a return pump (RP) or is it a back up you would be purchasing? if you do not have one I would put that first, if your tanks nitrates are okay I would say mangrove setup second assuming you do not have a RP. If they are okay then do the skimmer

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
MysticBlue

MysticBlue

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you currently have a return pump (RP) or is it a back up you would be purchasing? if you do not have one I would put that first, if your tanks nitrates are okay I would say mangrove setup second assuming you do not have a RP. If they are okay then do the skimmer
I don’t see how you can run a tank without a return pump. Are you trying to upgrade or is this a new build.
My tank is currently running with a return pump. The problem is the one I own is to slow to keep up with two intake pipes so I need a stronger one to run both pipes currently im running one pipe but I would like to run both. My nitrates are at .15 so there high.

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
MysticBlue

MysticBlue

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
.15 Nitrates are not high, unless you have some really sensitive coral. If you get a DC pump then you can adjust how much flow you need
That’s just it I have a dc but it only goes up to 800 gph so I need one that goes up to 2,000 gph

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Thomas Jedlicka

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is currently running with a return pump. The problem is the one I own is to slow to keep up with two intake pipes so I need a stronger one to run both pipes currently im running one pipe but I would like to run both. My nitrates are at .15 so there high.
i would go with pump, .15 nitrates is low unless you mean 15 ppm which is still quite low

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

NY
Back