Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My final list includes a melanurus wrasse, purple tang, foxface rabbit fish, harlequin tusk, and the porcupine puffer! Possibly more or less let me know what you think of this list. The tank is a 120! Recommendations welcome and order to add them!

Top Shelf Aquatics

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you add those without disease preps you have an 80% chance of loss within about half a year

the order of ops for stocking is determined by how you prep them + the tank against disease, since losing all that just after the summer time isn't a $ good bet
adding them without disease preps is nearly certain loss due to that specific mix you're listing, any decent sized tank after the cycle can carry those fish, it wouldn't matter how you added them other than disease prep completion ordering

that mix of fish has some of the highest disease rates among nontreated fish/non fallow display setups is why the concern

tangs are assumed to be carriers in nearly all cases, unless your sourcing is exceptional/ 1%

tikiTorch

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My final list includes a melanurus wrasse, purple tang, foxface rabbit fish, harlequin tusk, and the porcupine puffer! Possibly more or less let me know what you think of this list. The tank is a 120! Recommendations welcome and order to add them!
Oh look all the fish I want but too big for my tank. Oh well there are plenty of fish in the ocean. Not sure but would probably put them in the order of fox face or wrasse first then puffer then tusk then tang but I could be way wrong. Bigger tank owners would have more experience here

AquaCave Logo Banner

Lbrdsoxfan

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have fun with the tusk it's gonna severely limit your clean up crew, or you will be replacing them often. Also it's will get bit on the big side for a 120 after a while. I had one in a fowlr 150g and had to remove it because of it's aggressiveness, it lasted a few years, but...

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish and starfish lover!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have fun with the tusk it's gonna severely limit your clean up crew, or you will be replacing them often. Also it's will get bit on the big side for a 120 after a while. I had one in a fowlr 150g and had to remove it because of it's aggressiveness, it lasted a few years, but...
Okay maybe I won’t get the tusk. But it will be fowlr so no inverts.

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know more of you have kept puffers before! Post your thoughts/experiences. I was maybe thinking of a blue throat triggerfish or an atlantic blue tang too! Regardless it will be one tang the puffer and some other fish and I would probably get a yellow one if they weren’t so hard to get right now.

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you add those without disease preps you have an 80% chance of loss within about half a year

the order of ops for stocking is determined by how you prep them + the tank against disease, since losing all that just after the summer time isn't a $ good bet
adding them without disease preps is nearly certain loss due to that specific mix you're listing, any decent sized tank after the cycle can carry those fish, it wouldn't matter how you added them other than disease prep completion ordering

that mix of fish has some of the highest disease rates among nontreated fish/non fallow display setups is why the concern

tangs are assumed to be carriers in nearly all cases, unless your sourcing is exceptional/ 1%
Quarantine/observation is an option and I can confirm my adorably cute little puffer has no disease. I’d also like to mention I am sourcing from places who quarantine and treat their fish.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back