Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, i just gotten an orange back fairy wrasse 3 days back. Prior to that the lfs already QT & pellet train. I did test and try that day at shop and i do see it ate pellets.

But during this 3 days period i been giving it to try , ocean nutrition flakes, TDO chroma boost,frozen mysis, frozen copepods, and today even gave it to NLS thera A with garlic. It doesn't eat any of it. But each time i feed those food, it can catch the scent and try to look for the food but it just doesn't take a bite.

None of the existing fish was harrasing it, as it is the largest fish of them all.

What would be my next best course of action ?

World Wide Corals

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, i just gotten an orange back fairy wrasse 3 days back. Prior to that the lfs already QT & pellet train. I did test and try that day at shop and i do see it ate pellets.

But during this 3 days period i been giving it to try , ocean nutrition flakes, TDO chroma boost,frozen mysis, frozen copepods, and today even gave it to NLS thera A with garlic. It doesn't eat any of it. But each time i feed those food, it can catch the scent and try to look for the food but it just doesn't take a bite.

None of the existing fish was harrasing it, as it is the largest fish of them all.

What would be my next best course of action ?
You may find this is just him establishing to the tank.
I know there are some things that prevent a fish from eating like internal parasites however I assume he was QTed for those.
Do you know the chemical your LFS used to QT? Some fairy and other wrasses can be more sensitive to Copper than others.

OP
OP
foxngn

foxngn

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may find this is just him establishing to the tank.
I know there are some things that prevent a fish from eating like internal parasites however I assume he was QTed for those.
Do you know the chemical your LFS used to QT? Some fairy and other wrasses can be more sensitive to Copper than others.

Hmm, that's i got no idea.
I just know they been QT quite some times before release out.

Today was better than yesterday at least it did try to taste the mysis abit before puke it out

World Wide Corals
Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Back