Options for mounting Aquatic Life T5 hybrid fixture?

Ironic_Water

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no wait to mount the fixture from the ceiling, and wall mount isn't very viable either - which mainly leaves a tank-mount.

Anyone have experience with tank-mounting their T5 hybrid fixture? I have an AP9X and A360XE I'm looking to put on the hybrid fixture. I wonder if I can re-use the Kessil's tank mounts to hold up the hybrid fixture...

The fixture in question.

exnisstech

Grumpy old man
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not familiar with the kessil mounts. Well I can't attach images. I just get a little box that says obj insert missing anger emoji here lol
Anyway I just set the hybrid fixture on top of the photon. It worked great.

9a19bccb-1128-4c70-82be-114d18c0430c-1_all_498.jpg

9a19bccb-1128-4c70-82be-114d18c0430c-1_all_499.jpg

Site is really janky for me this morning

College_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They make a tank mount system that is alright if you have a wood stand. However, drilling an aluminum or steel stand to mount it was a pain, so I opted to go without that option. Like you, I didn't want to hang it from the ceiling buuut that's what I ended up doing. I have the 60 in LED version and hung it using 100lb drywall anchors into the ceiling and then used color matched hooks coming out of them. If your issue is there isn't ceiling to hang from at all, I would look into getting t-bar aluminum and making something yourself. It won't be cheap, but you can ensure that it'll reliably hold the weight of everything. The last thing you want is to have those kessil mounts crack glass due to too much weight.

Hanging light.jpg

OP
OP
Ironic_Water

Ironic_Water

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They make a tank mount system that is alright if you have a wood stand. However, drilling an aluminum or steel stand to mount it was a pain, so I opted to go without that option. Like you, I didn't want to hang it from the ceiling buuut that's what I ended up doing. I have the 60 in LED version and hung it using 100lb drywall anchors into the ceiling and then used color matched hooks coming out of them. If your issue is there isn't ceiling to hang from at all, I would look into getting t-bar aluminum and making something yourself. It won't be cheap, but you can ensure that it'll reliably hold the weight of everything. The last thing you want is to have those kessil mounts crack glass due to too much weight.

Hanging light.jpg
Awesome, I may go the stand mount way - mine is wood.

Though moving my aquarium out from the wall is going to be interesting to get access to the back...

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back