Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 28 gallon nanocube slam packed with corals, a pair of tomato clowns and just recently two Barred Dart Golbys until their arrival I was feeding pellet food and or a 1/4 cube of mysis to the clowns daily. I've had the golbys for three weeks so I upped my feeding to half a cube daily, in that time my phosphates went from .05 to .49 using the hannah checker. All of my sps and corals still seem fine but I've already started cutting back on the feeding.

What are my options for algae turf scrubbers with very limited space in my back chamber? Hob or drop in is preferred. I have the aquamax 1.5 skimmer, radion rms mount, heaters, apex probes dosing lines and ato back there already, if your familiar with the nanocube that's a lot

Top Shelf Aquatics

Reab

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is your maintenance schedule? Algae scrubbers are very difficult to make work properly in aio aquariums. Even algae reactors that pump water out of the tank are a pain in my experience. I’ve tried to do the fuge lights on the back of the Im tanks for cheato but they always end up getting out competed for hair algae and the frequency I had to change the diy scrubber sheet was annoying. The other issue was getting the flow right in the back section and the clogging of the return pump if any algae got loose.

are you feeding your corals?

MERKEY

Cronies
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ice cap makes a HOB scrubber. Not sure if you want that on the side of your AIO but it is an option.

Santa Monica also makes a magnetic one that hangs on the glass wall in a sump.

It could technically be used in a AIO as well.

BRS
OP
OP
joekidwell

joekidwell

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is your maintenance schedule? Algae scrubbers are very difficult to make work properly in aio aquariums. Even algae reactors that pump water out of the tank are a pain in my experience. I’ve tried to do the fuge lights on the back of the Im tanks for cheato but they always end up getting out competed for hair algae and the frequency I had to change the diy scrubber sheet was annoying. The other issue was getting the flow right in the back section and the clogging of the return pump if any algae got loose.

are you feeding your corals?
I do 20% waterchange every Friday, zero visible algae in the tank just trying to think ahead before it gets bad.

OP
OP
joekidwell

joekidwell

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put an algae reactor online last night that I had laying around and some comatose chato from another tank. Well see how this goes, in the 12 years I've been doing this I've never been able to grow chato.

AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
AVAST
Back