Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to add more fish to my current fish only. No inverts or coral/anemones. It’s an 84x24x31. It currently houses:
Yellow tang
Sailfin tang
Scopas tang
2 hippo tangs
Powder blue
Achilles
Naso lituratus
Gold spot rabbitfish
3 azure damsels
Emperor angelfish
Flagfin angelfish
1 clownfish
Midas blenny

Sounds like a lot, but the tank looks “empty” without coral or an abundance of rocks. I did order 1 male and 5 female lyretail anthias to create more movement in the middle of the tank. I’ll also put in a few more pieces of rock so they have homes.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I would like chromis, however I would hate for them to pick each other off and only end up with one. Maybe a handful of springeri damsels and a royal gramma?

adding pics of my tank to get an idea of what I’m talking about.

BC8D1278-7666-4226-A686-590ADC5F1F06.jpeg 5587C127-B6F6-492F-8A55-383CE0CD7C80.jpeg

Last edited:
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

blaxsun

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is a bit smaller, but here's my current stocking list (we have a lot of the same fish). I have 12 chromis in my tank right now: 5x blue-green, 4x lyretail, 2x bicolor and 1x black bar.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to add more fish to my current fish only. No inverts or coral/anemones. It’s an 84x24x31. It currently houses:
Yellow tang
Sailfin tang
Scopas tang
2 hippo tangs
Powder blue
Achilles
Naso lituratus
Gold spot rabbitfish
3 azure damsels
Emperor angelfish
Flagfin angelfish
1 clownfish
Midas blenny

Sounds like a lot, but the tank looks “empty” without coral or an abundance of rocks. I did order 1 male and 5 female lyretail anthias to create more movement in the middle of the tank. I’ll also put in a few more pieces of rock so they have homes.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I would like chromis, however I would hate for them to pick each other off and only end up with one. Maybe a handful of springeri damsels and a royal gramma?

adding pics of my tank to get an idea of what I’m talking about.

View attachment 2947032 View attachment 2947033
I suspect if you feed the current load of fish correctly, you might be on the road to posting a request for help reducing nitrates and dealing with algae.

OP
OP
Kalinina

Kalinina

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is a bit smaller, but here's my current stocking list (we have a lot of the same fish). I have 12 chromis in my tank right now: 5x blue-green, 4x lyretail, 2x bicolor and 1x black bar.

Your tank is beautiful! I remember following your build thread this spring! How is your emperor doing with your corals? I love your angels, I thought about adding a flame and ebili, but I don’t want to upset my two angels as they get along really well.

You’ve talked me into it! I’ll get a small group of the c. Viridis after I receive the anthias and they settle in.

Avast
OP
OP
Kalinina

Kalinina

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A small school of Chromis should be fine get at least 5
Thanks! 5 it is! I’ll add more rock as well before I receive the chromis. Now thinking about it, I probably should have ordered the chromis first, and then the anthias. I need to get an auto feeder and lids for the top of the tank.

OP
OP
Kalinina

Kalinina

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suspect if you feed the current load of fish correctly, you might be on the road to posting a request for help reducing nitrates and dealing with algae.
Good point! I’ll get an auto feeder and see where the numbers are. With the addition of more pellets and the extra bioload, I’ll keep an eye on it. Right now I feed a lot; 7 or 8 cubes of frozen with vitachem, selcon and beta-glucan vitamins mixed in in the evening, 1 8x8 sheet of nori in the morning and 1 8x8 sheet of nori after I get home from work and a handful of small omega marine pellets once a day when I pass the tank and they are begging lol.

I don’t have algae issues (120 watt UV), and this system was hobbled together from equipment I had bought for a 360 gallon tank, so everything is over sized.

blaxsun

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is beautiful! I remember following your build thread this spring! How is your emperor doing with your corals? I love your angels, I thought about adding a flame and ebili, but I don’t want to upset my two angels as they get along really well.

You’ve talked me into it! I’ll get a small group of the c. Viridis after I receive the anthias and they settle in.
Thanks! The emperor is still doing great - slowly morphing into an adolescent and beginning to ascend the throne (he has become a bit of a jerk at feeding time with seaweed - chasing some of the other smaller angels off until he's had first dibs). We believe he's nipping at some of the nuisance palys - but that seems to be it so far.

CLICK TO VIEW
Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Champion Lighting & Supply
Back