Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Iv attached picture of my actual sump and a generic sketch of layout of my sump for reference but my questions or feedback needed is pertaining what would be ideal or best for my setup and most effective.

the section where skimmer goes in very big and the owner before me had a egg crate box in there (not sure what they used for ) iv recently removed it and just curious what I could do or add to the area that benefited my system ? Should I re insert crate box if so what could in place in there ?
Other questions or feedback needed is on the first section. I am running a triple pipe overflow (main, secondary, and emergency) and there is only once spot for either the media cup or for filter sock ) I have the main piped to the cup and also the secondary is piped then flex tubbed running in the same cup as main . The emergency pipe is piped to the big skimmer section.

is that ideal for that situation? If not what changes would I need ?

Tank is a 80g frag tank
The sump measures 40x15.5x15.5
Going to grow sps only (zoa heavy ) but
many other lps/
Not sure on flow yet but it came with multiple dual wave makers including the Maxpect fx330 and cheaper version.
Lighting came with 3x Maxpect ethereal 130w which I like lighting and spectrum of them a lot just haven’t dialed them in and never tried to grow with them ?

Also still in air about sand or no sand bottom? Like look of sand but flow wise no sand is ideal .
Apologies for strung out thread and the cheesy cluttered photos but it’s still multi days out from being ready for anything .
Any feedback or opinions are much appreciated.

F29D8212-C793-4BB1-B3EE-E98649DA279E.png 1F5C5125-FB50-4949-99EE-C9F562925176.jpeg CF316DB1-5BB6-4825-A4CF-F827AE04814B.jpeg

OP
OP
Raidensreef18

Raidensreef18

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Egg crate was there to raise the skimmer to proper water depth. Each skimmer has a range on water depth it needs to be run in.
Thanks for the reply, but I understand what the one is for and I left that one in but I’m the pictures you see there was a big box made from crate and wasn’t sure exactly why or what to place there since I removed . May put back if find out reason to lol. Thought about just piling some live rock since I won’t have much in the tank above .

Upvote 0
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Dinkins Aquatic Gardens
Back