Oops! My springeri damsel is not happy with my new pygmy angel!

Nutramar

Theolox

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always loved angels and the pygmy is the perfect choice for my 50g AIO. It didn't occur to me that it's roughly the same size and coloring as my springeri damsel that it might be a problem. I am hoping that the pygmy can hold out till the lights go off and the springeri will wake up in the morning and not choose violence. At this point, I don't think I could get either of them out of the scape so I will just have to see how it plays out. I was choosing between the pygmy angel and a royal gramma. Maybe the gramma would have been the better choice. I'll keep my fingers crossed. ugh

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have always loved angels and the pygmy is the perfect choice for my 50g AIO. It didn't occur to me that it's roughly the same size and coloring as my springeri damsel that it might be a problem. I am hoping that the pygmy can hold out till the lights go off and the springeri will wake up in the morning and not choose violence. At this point, I don't think I could get either of them out of the scape so I will just have to see how it plays out. I was choosing between the pygmy angel and a royal gramma. Maybe the gramma would have been the better choice. I'll keep my fingers crossed. ugh
Yes, can pose a problem and reason we quarantine fish and/or place in acclimation box. Leave lights off and even coer glass to allow new fish to settle in. I just added some tangs this week and some of us will do what it takes to maintain the peace within our tanks

1678571281018.png

OP
OP
T

Theolox

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, can pose a problem and reason we quarantine fish and/or place in acclimation box. Leave lights off and even coer glass to allow new fish to settle in. I just added some tangs this week and some of us will do what it takes to maintain the peace within our tanks

View attachment 3059155
I have an acclimation box. It just didn't occur to me that the springeri would react that way. Hindsight is always 20/20. I am gonna shut off the lights for now and darken the room to see if they will calm down a little.

BRS
OP
OP
T

Theolox

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I woke up this morning and it appears my new Tomini tang has kicked my Springeri Damsel out of his favorite hidey hole and taken it over. The pygmy angel also chosen a different spot as well. I fed them well this morning and it appears that they are all peaceful again.

Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Coral Frenzy
Back