Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I've got pink eye and a doctors visit for tomorrow at 9am. I've gotten blasted before by palys and other zoas but this one had the aim of a sniper. Hit me smack in the middle of my left eye.

Did notice anything that night, but the next day my eye slowly started to get red, and 2 days later (today) my eye feels like it has a slime coat in it. No pain just a dry eyeball feeling.

Normally when I frag I try and wear eye protection but I was just moving these zoas and happened to brush one of the polyps. Just a warning to all you out there wear your saftey gear!

Top Shelf Aquatics

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I've got pink eye and a doctors visit for tomorrow at 9am. I've gotten blasted before by palys and other zoas but this one had the aim of a sniper. Hit me smack in the middle of my left eye.

Did notice anything that night, but the next day my eye slowly started to get red, and 2 days later (today) my eye feels like it has a slime coat in it. No pain just a dry eyeball feeling.

Normally when I frag I try and wear eye protection but I was just moving these zoas and happened to brush one of the polyps. Just a warning to all you out there wear your saftey gear!

ouch.. I recently bought decent goggles for $10 and I use them when I frag.. I figured it'll be worth it instead of being squirted.. I know it's going to happen sooner or later..

man, ficklefins... good luck and hope it get remedied right away.. keep us posted..

dc_909

Zoanthid Collector
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive had that happen twice. The first time I went to the eye doctor, but he just gave me bacterial drops. The second time I just let it be and it went away just as fast as with the drops. No lasting affects.

BRS

Patwa

Zig-Zag pro since '96
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow....i've fragged many a zoa...and dodged numerous squirts.....but no direct hit, thank god!....i'll get my goggles next time....but i KNOW my girlfriend is gonna have a good laugh when she sees me!...

Zach

bryan

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ouch, was down and out for a week and a half before after the drop of death hit my eye from an Armegeddon. It was the smallest of possible drops, but it was the most intense pain and swelling I've ever had in my life. BEen squirted in the mouth, nose, ears, and edge of eye by plenty of other zoos, but the Arme's got me good. Now I wear :glasses9: :)

Peace!

Nutramar Foods

143gadgets

Mr. Meticulous
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was out for a few days as well, after taking a hit in the eye. Day one it was irritated, day two red, and day three swollen shut. Good luck. Hope you feel better.

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when i worked with some doctors, they always said if you have pink eye to wash it frequently with a wash cloth...BUT...never ever use that wash cloth on your eyes again. most of the bacteria from eye infections is very hard to kill without medication, a warm washcloth hanging on a towel rack would essentially be a breeding ground for them to grow.

and when you do wash them, make sure its very hot water, and don't wash them with other towels/washclothes. if you can, the best thing is to go to walmart and buy some cheap ones you can throw away.

as far as safety goggle...everyone hates to wear those huge goggles that strap around your head. ;)

in my lab, i got a cool pair of glasses that look exactly like oakleys that are just clear. you should be able to find something similar in lowes that is rated to be able to take a small impact also.

AS

toddman74

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
squirt in the eye

Yep. I've been squirted in the eye too by them zoa's even with glasses on. They're nasty little buggers, almost as if they know by instinct where to squirt and aim for your eyes as a defense mechanism. dang smart little coral. I just drop everything and run to the faucet and run cold water over the eyes for about 10 mins (like what they tell you to do in high school chemistry lab) and have gotten lucky without infection.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Smarsh

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
never thought of this but seeing as I was squirted almost in the eye not long ago, maybe it would be good to have a bottle of natural tears or saline solution near by to flush the eye immediately should something like this happen. However, I am not sure if there would be a reaction between the saline and the the squirt.

Sandy

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Cultivated Reef
Back