Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I've had this nem for a bit over a year. He was doing great at first, visually was growing crazy amounts till he reached close to 8 inches across. I was battling some algae issues and decided to kick on the gfo reactor. From that day on gfo running or not he will not open up more than 2 inches. I feed him regularly and he eats, he is hosting a clown but the clown doesn't seem to be bothering him. So what can be the reason he won't open as much? I'll post water parameters soon as well as some pics

BRS

Koh23

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best i can give you is - something changed. Water? Light? Something?

Even slightest change can cause nems to be weird, i moved one of my lights 2cm to the left.....and from gorgeous, bubbly rbta, for month i watched grey blobs of closed and unhappy nems....

That is useless, i know, but.... Free bump.

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
Alexreefer

Alexreefer

Coral, Coral, Coral!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best i can give you is - something changed. Water? Light? Something?

Even slightest change can cause nems to be weird, i moved one of my lights 2cm to the left.....and from gorgeous, bubbly rbta, for month i watched grey blobs of closed and unhappy nems....

That is useless, i know, but.... Free bump.
Only thing I can think of is my gfo. But it's been off for weeks and I see no change

AquaCave Logo Banner

TokenReefer

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All organisms need phosphate. I don't know how much specifically for anenome but I think that's why a range is suggested for reef tanks in general as a safety zone to stay in so that enough is available when needed (to my understanding)

Out of curiosity why did you use the GFO?

TokenReefer

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was battling some algae issues and decided to kick on the gfo reactor.
Oh, sometimes I don't read too well ;)

How long has the nem been retracted? Has it been a while. I know whenever a change happens in my tank mine will get a little ticked off and make faces but usually comes back after a period of adjustment. Maybe it's just adjusting to your new parameters with low phosphate; test to make sure you didn't bottom out. GFO can work quickly and quick changes aren't generally good, not nec a death sentence but adjustment time is needed

OP
OP
Alexreefer

Alexreefer

Coral, Coral, Coral!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, sometimes I don't read too well ;)

How long has the nem been retracted? Has it been a while. I know whenever a change happens in my tank mine will get a little ticked off and make faces but usually comes back after a period of adjustment. Maybe it's just adjusting to your new parameters with low phosphate; test to make sure you didn't bottom out. GFO can work quickly and quick changes aren't generally good, not nec a death sentence but adjustment time is needed
It's been more than a month. I initially thought the same and turned off gfo. But he never returned back. He just stays small now. I feed him every other day. He eats and looks healthy. Just... small

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

A Reef Creation
Back