Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
newbie here. I just cant get my skimmer tuned in, its been set up in my sump for around a month now. as I understand the bubbles should be right bellow the top of the collection cup. it will work fine for a random amount of time and then ill come back either in the morning or a few hours later, even during the day, and the cup is completely full and its shooting water everywhere. I have the skimmer on a 2 inch base so the water level its at is 7.5 as recommended by the company. I should mention my tank unfortunately got some kind of disease in it and killed all my fish (didn't QT, lesson learned) could this be the cause? just wondering because now that all my fish are out of the tank (2 days) its seem to be working a little better for some reason. any imput helps !

Top Shelf Aquatics

Hemmdog

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
like an inch? ill try that tomorrow and see if that will help. also would you recommend a UV stabilizer on my tank while its sitting follow?
Yes that will he’ll kill anything harmful in the water, good idea. I raised my reef octo up 4 inches and it worked a lot better. Cup dump once a week not a few times a day.

OP
OP
F

flobup

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok, what would be best placement for UV sterilizer in my sump? thinking a separate 5 gallon tank with the intake coming from my overflow and the output redirected to my skimmer section

Hemmdog

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok, what would be best placement for UV sterilizer in my sump? thinking a separate 5 gallon tank with the intake coming from my overflow and the output redirected to my skimmer section
Get a small pump in your sump, soft plumb it to the sterilizer, have the sterilizer flow into the return section of your sump or your tank.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
F

flobup

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok ill do that, I ordered the green machine 9 watt version.. think that will be enough? 55gallon DT 25 gallon sump. im really only wanting to try it out to see if it has any affects on the diatoms in my tank and also just to boost my tanks recovery from that disease outbreak during the 76 day fallow period. mainly worried about my copepod population or nutriants being killed that are beneficial to my corals

Nutramar Foods

Hemmdog

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok ill do that, I ordered the green machine 9 watt version.. think that will be enough? 55gallon DT 25 gallon sump. im really only wanting to try it out to see if it has any affects on the diatoms in my tank and also just to boost my tanks recovery from that disease outbreak during the 76 day fallow period. mainly worried about my copepod population or nutriants being killed that are beneficial to my corals
That’s pretty low wattage. Maybe cancel order and get a bigger one.

AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
FM
Back