• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

NY Aquatics Pleasent Experience

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I have never ordered from NYAQUATICS and I have really wanted a GEM tang for some time. I saw their posting for a great price and I started to do research on them. The research I found was really mixed reviews. The customer was either really happy with healthy fish and eager to go back to them.....or the customer was not satisfied due to one thing or the other. Seeing that the positive side was so good in that they were repeat customers. I reached out to NYAQUATIC about a GEM tang and a chocolate tang that was changing colors.

They had plenty of GEM tangs and 1 chocolate tang that was changing colors.
Screenshot_20221029-152802_Chrome.jpg

After placing my order and setting the delivery date. I had some things come up and had to reschedule my delivery date for the next week. NYAQUATICS accommodated with no issues and or questions.

When I received the fish. They were packed really well. Lots of water and air. I was really worried about the GEM tang as he was laying sideways here and there in the bag. Once I got them acclimated in the bags. I noticed that the GEM tang would lay down every time I would go over the bag and look at him. He would not do this when my wife looked at him. Only me. LOL

I got my 2 fish in QT and took a few pictures of them with my cell phone. I could see dual strips on both sides of my GEM tang. I was a little worried about this but at the same time I figured it was the stress color pattern of the fish, but I have never had GEM tang before so I reached out to NYAQUATICS to confirm this for me and he got back to me with confirmation. The stress coloring of the fish was gone the next morning after delivery, but it was reassuring that the vendor was replying to my emails and educating me on the fish.

This was what I was concerned with after acclimating the fish
20221028_123814.jpg

20221028_124012.jpg

Well if you noticed in the picture above. I did not receive the correct chocolate tang. This little guy is what I received. My wife has named him "Tiny". He is about the size of a quarter or a little bigger. He seems to be holding his own in QT with the GEM tang. They get along until the GEM decides to chase him every now and then. Maybe a squeezy toy to him.

I contacted NYAQUATICS about it when I got the order. They immediately offered to refund some money on the fish. As I'm interested in the fish only. I asked to see if he had anymore changing colors. My guess here is that my fish got taken by mistake after i changed my delivery date. NYAQUATICS is currently looking for me.

Anyway. I wanted to post all of this because during this order. I think we ran into allot of things that were handled exceptionally by NY AQUATICS with good customer service.

1. Me changing delivery date
2. Answering questions about the fish I ordered
3. Correcting mistake made with order on chocolate tang

The fish I received are super healthy. They eat like pigs. Both tangs eat brine/mysis and off a vegie clip. I'm super happy with the color and health of both fish with the exception of "Tiny's" size. He will not be changing colors anytime soon LOL.

The next morning I took a picture of the GEM. As you can see its immaculate
DSC_6561.jpg

Of course. I cant leave out "Tiny". My wifes new favorite cute fish.
DSC_6559.jpg

This has been an easy and pleasant purchase experience with NYAQUATICS and will be a repeat customer.
@NYAquatic Thanks for healthy fish and good customer service

AS
Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Your Reef
Back