Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been awhile since I've written anything here. Hope all is well with everyone and their reef aquariums. I am having such a hard time with this Nuvo Fusion 10. Flow, lighting and keeping things happy in it. Fluctuations in Nitrates and phosphates. Water changes like every 4 days or so. Why didn't I get the memo about this being a pain in my fins? Lol

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been awhile since I've written anything here. Hope all is well with everyone and their reef aquariums. I am having such a hard time with this Nuvo Fusion 10. Flow, lighting and keeping things happy in it. Fluctuations in Nitrates and phosphates. Water changes like every 4 days or so. Why didn't I get the memo about this being a pain in my fins? Lol

The smaller the volume the harder it is to achieve stability. Why not grab a 40 breeder or something. That would be much easier.

OP
OP
Mogwai

Mogwai

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The smaller the volume the harder it is to achieve stability. Why not grab a 40 breeder or something. That would be much easier.
I have the Nuvo Fusion 40 and doing very very well. I was gifted this Fusion 10 by a coworker who didn't want it anymore. "Free is for me" but man this little thing is occupying some good time from me.

Top Shelf Aquatics

LordofCinder

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what do you have in there? What exactly is giving you trouble? It shouldn't be that hard.

I have a 15 gallon softie tank that I basically ignore, except for weekly water changes, I don't even do tests, and the tank does very well. Depends what you are trying to keep I guess.

OP
OP
Mogwai

Mogwai

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what do you have in there? What exactly is giving you trouble? It shouldn't be that hard.

I have a 15 gallon softie tank that I basically ignore, except for weekly water changes, I don't even do tests, and the tank does very well. Depends what you are trying to keep I guess.
I only have 1 storm clown, 2 small trochus snails, 3 tiny hermit crabs, 2 small BTA, 1 Small Kenya Tree, 1 small Toadstool and really little patch of GSP. That's all I have in there.

OP
OP
Mogwai

Mogwai

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Also, 4 really small Nassarius snails. Like really small. Lol

Corals.com

LordofCinder

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sounds like it would be a really nice tank!

Since you do frequent water changes, I doubt it is water issue, which leaves lighting and flow, which you mentioned originally that you were having a hard time with. What is the lighting and flow?

The other thing would be nutrients, what are the nitrate and phosphate like?

OP
OP
Mogwai

Mogwai

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Since you do frequent water changes, I doubt it is water issue, which leaves lighting and flow, which you mentioned originally that you were having a hard time with. What is the lighting and flow?

Nitrates jump between 10 and 20ppm. Not bad numbers. Phosphates: .03ish.
Calcium: 440, Alk: 9.5, Magnesium: 1355. Lighting is roughly 230 PAR at top of rockscape and front of tank sandbed 130 if I remember correctly.

OP
OP
Mogwai

Mogwai

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'm using this light with the controller I bought separately so that it runs on a more natural light cycle. "NICREW 50 Watts Aquarium LED Reef Light". As for flow. My coworker gave me "Hygger Mini Wave Maker Aquarium Magnetic DC Powerhead with LED Display Controller with the tank". 55% Blue and 25% white. 08:00 Blue on and climbs to about 9am 10% blue. Then 09:15hrs white turns on and ramps up both until 12:00hrs-15:00hrs then starts to go down until 18:00hrs. Blues stay on 10% and gradually drop from 18:00hrs to 19:30hrs where everything is off until 08:00 hrs.

Last edited:
Nutramar Foods
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Coral Frenzy
Back