Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If this has been already discussed please let me know and point me in the right direction since I can’t find the info, but I have two new K7 v3’s for my 90 gallon, it will be a mixed reef and I’m switching from two viparspectras. My question is do o need to acclimate my corals to the new lights and how should I do so? Thanks in advance

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Fish Styx

The Dude Abides
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If this has been already discussed please let me know and point me in the right direction since I can’t find the info, but I have two new K7 v3’s for my 90 gallon, it will be a mixed reef and I’m switching from two viparspectras. My question is do o need to acclimate my corals to the new lights and how should I do so? Thanks in advance
@Zach B can help you you the lights, and also answer your questions.

Zach B

North American Noo-Psyche Sales Representative
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
When I switched from vipars to Noo-Psyche's I didn't do too much for acclimation. I just set the new lights at about the same brightness as the old ones and brought it up to where I wanted within a few days. I run this tank a bit whiter then with the vipars. Corals responded very well to the new lights :) Best of luck

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
pweezy42

pweezy42

Community Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Zach B can help you you the lights, and also answer your questions.
Thanks, I’ve been talking a lot with zachb he has been over the top helpful, I was just looking for input from others

Last edited:

Kasrift

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My opinion is that you should be fine, but the thing I'd match more is the wattage used. For example, I use the Kasa smart power strips from Amazon. It lets me know what the wattage is in real time, so I know during peak that my Noopsyche K7 pros use around 70w at peak (I have a small 32 gallon fluval flex). If I were to switch to another blackbox or light, I'd probably check the wattage use so that I don't burn the corals. This is of course assuming you don't have a par meter, if you have that, then just use that to match par.

OP
OP
pweezy42

pweezy42

Community Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No par meter, my viparspectras I was running blues around 40 and whites at 2 but about 12-14” above the water, I would run them for a total of 12hr cycle w/blues turning on 1.5 hrs before white and off 2hrs before light off. I’ve just altered the lps/sps for now changed the length to a little longer but ramped down the lights about 40% with slight changes to the color I would prefer.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back