Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would love to hear the communities take on this - about your most silent exprience.

Specifically about products that does not generate low frequency noise/humming etc. hard to isolate/filter.

Basically I´m out for a pump that is the opposite to an old Eheim 2060 noise wise.

My first sight in the local shop was a Jecod/Jebao DCP, which seems to be an ok budget pump to start with (?). I do wonder though:

1. Is this really as quite as the manufacturer states?
2. The noise it do make - is this on a scale/frequencies than you can isolate, say inside an insulated cabin? or is it similar to older AC-pumps that are nearly impossible to isolate.
3. Why does internet lack info about this 3000-model? old version?
4. Can you use these pumps emersed above water? noisy?
5. Can these pumps take any load? say push water through an XXL fluidized bed filter or pull water through a filter that provide some resistance. Or are these pumps only for load free work?
6. Is the WiFI-model (MDC) any better/quiter?

Many wonderings aimed at this brand, but if you have experience of other brands/products, this is also much appreciated !

Last edited:
Corals.com

s_tooz_123

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have info on the 3000 model, but I have a Jebao DCQ-10000 and it is absolutely silent. The only way I know it's running is by looking at the returns for water flow. The DCQ-10000 can be used both as a submerged or in-line pump, but I have never tried using it in-line.

And because of the cost, I purchased a second one which is still in the box. The original has been running full time for 1.5 years without any issues.

Sorry I can't answer the other more detailed questions.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have use a Jebao DCP-10000

1. Ive never noticed any noise from mine.
2. I’ve never had to deal with noise from it. Newer DC pumps are much quieter than the hum from older AC pumps.
3. I have no idea
4. I’ve only used mine submerged. It can supposedly be inline but above the water level won’t work.
5. They can push water through something but wouldn’t do well pulling water through something. The more resistance there is on the output side the lower the flow will be though.
6. Idk. Mine is the older non Wi-Fi version that’s been running flawlessly for over 3 years now.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Dburr1014

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would love to hear the communities take on this - about your most silent exprience.

Specifically about products that does not generate low frequency noise/humming etc. hard to isolate/filter.

Basically I´m out for a pump that is the opposite to an old Eheim 2060 noise wise.

My first sight in the local shop was a Jecod/Jebao DCP, which seems to be an ok budget pump to start with (?). I do wonder though:

1. Is this really as quite as the manufacturer states?
2. The noise it do make - is this on a scale/frequencies than you can isolate, say inside an insulated cabin? or is it similar to older AC-pumps that are nearly impossible to isolate.
3. Why does internet lack info about this 3000-model? old version?
4. Can you use these pumps emersed above water? noisy?
5. Can these pumps take any load? say push water through an XXL fluidized bed filter or pull water through a filter that provide some resistance. Or are these pumps only for load free work?
6. Is the WiFI-model (MDC) any better/quiter?

Many wonderings aimed at this brand, but if you have experience of other brands/products, this is also much appreciated !
On your #5 question. If your looking for a workhorse, you should be looking at pumps with a high head like sicce syncra 9.0. It does like 23 foot head.

exnisstech

2500 Club Member
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure exactly what your needs are. I recently pulled an eheim compacton 2100 and replaced it with jebao dcp 3500. The eheim was quite but I wanted to switch to a DC for more control. The jeboa is dead silent. I I run it submerged as a return pump in a reefer 170 plumbed through a uv filter. The tank is next to my bed and I do not hear it. But I will say I'm not young and I don't hear certain frequencies well but it's on my Gals side of the bed and she hadn't mentioned any noise.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

doubleshot00

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the dcp6500 and had a dcp2500 The 2500 electrical board wouldn't work right so i returned it.

1. Is this really as quite as the manufacturer states? NO
2. The noise it do make - is this on a scale/frequencies than you can isolate, say inside an insulated cabin? or is it similar to older AC-pumps that are nearly impossible to isolate. Light hummmmm but very hard to hear
3. Why does internet lack info about this 3000-model? old version? IDK
4. Can you use these pumps emersed above water? noisy? NO
5. Can these pumps take any load? say push water through an XXL fluidized bed filter or pull water through a filter that provide some resistance. Or are these pumps only for load free work? IDK
6. Is the WiFI-model (MDC) any better/quiter? Jebao wifi app sucks. Get the dcp model.

exnisstech

2500 Club Member
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Snip
6. Is the WiFI-model (MDC) any better/quiter? Jebao wifi app sucks. Get the dcp model.
I may be wrong but I think the dcp has better adjustments than the wifi. The dcp can be adjusted in single increments from 1 to 100. I thought the wifi version went in increments of 10. I'm going from memory so I may be wrong.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

doubleshot00

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may be wrong but I think the dcp has better adjustments than the wifi. The dcp can be adjusted in single increments from 1 to 100. I thought the wifi version went in increments of 10. I'm going from memory so I may be wrong.
IDK about the wifi version. I use the app for their doser.

CLICK TO VIEW

rsumner

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know there are plenty of folks who use the stuff made in China, but I prefer to stick with pumps made in the US, Germany, or Italy. The Syncra SDC 3.0 would be a great comparable option, comes with a 5 yr warranty, and is made with quality products and craftsmanship.

SpyC

Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was running a sicce sdc 6.0 and it was very loud. Especially with hard wood floors amplifying the noise. I switched to a jebao dcp-4000 over the weekend and it is much quieter. It is not dead silent, but I no longer feel like I am in the back of a lfs anymore when I am within 20ft of the tank. I can hear a slight hum/whir if I have my ear nearly against the sump. For the price and near silent performance I recommend it over the sicce sdc 6.0. Regarding the head pressure, I’m not sure of your exact needs and you may need something that can handle a higher head pressure.

92Miata

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On your #5 question. If your looking for a workhorse, you should be looking at pumps with a high head like sicce syncra 9.0. It does like 23 foot head.
A DCP 10000 (similar size to a 9.0), will do 20 feet. He doesn't need anything nearly that big to replace a 2060 though.

I've never had a Sicce product that wasn't loud. IMO, jebao's pumps are a significantly better option if you're looking for quiet. They're also nice enough that you can keep a spare, or run redundant returns - and there's absolutely no question that redundant jebaos is going to give you higher uptime than any single pump on the market.

Any of the jebaos with "Sine Wave" on the box are going to be quieter than the ones without (square wave). The square wave ones are still really quiet though.

doubleshot00

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was actually a nice surprise when I set it up. But I'm running at 100 % :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
I'm running mine at level 41 but i think the minimum is 35 on mine. Im gonna order a back up and get the dcp 5000.

Another note that i noticed on certain setting my pump in particular will run lets say at level 41 it runs a constant 23 watts but if i crank up to level 42 the power goes from 23-24 watts variably (like the dispaly will pop back in forth from 23-24watts) and it sometimes messes with my water level but if i click to level 43 it holds steady at like 24 watts. IDK if this is just my pump but did notice it recently.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Sicce is the quiestest I have used and very reliable

exnisstech

2500 Club Member
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running mine at level 41 but i think the minimum is 35 on mine. Im gonna order a back up and get the dcp 5000.

Another note that i noticed on certain setting my pump in particular will run lets say at level 41 it runs a constant 23 watts but if i crank up to level 42 the power goes from 23-24 watts variably (like the dispaly will pop back in forth from 23-24watts) and it sometimes messes with my water level but if i click to level 43 it holds steady at like 24 watts. IDK if this is just my pump but did notice it recently.

I haven't really paid attention to the watts on mine. I bought it mainly to try and help with the finicky drain valve on a redsea reefer 170. I thought maybe I could tweak the pump and not have to mess with the valve . But the valve is still finicky so I just cranked it up and adjust the valve like I've been doing for 3 years.

AquaCave Logo Banner

92Miata

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'd guess that there's a current sensor or calculation in there somewhere that's outputting something like 23.1512123w and it's being rounded to 23 for the screen. That longer number probably bounces around +/- .1w or something as debris/pressure/water height/etc impact the speed of the impellar, and the 42 setting puts you right around 23.5w and the way it gets rounded keeps switching. There may be something in the controller using that output and that's why it gets weird.

My general opinion is that the Jebao pumps are fantastic - but their controllers are definitely lower quality. Just don't run it at 42 if its causing issues.

Some of the controllers are 1-10 or 1-20 for speed, the DCPs are percentage, some are a bunch of visual blocks. Just depends on model and whoever was selling cheap motor controllers at the moment.
I have the dcp6500 and had a dcp2500 The 2500 electrical board wouldn't work right so i returned it.

4. Can you use these pumps emersed above water? noisy? NO

I have a whole bunch of DCPs running externally. And some DCWs. If he's talking about running them unprimed and sucking, then yeah, no.

I see a lot of "sicces are quiet" posts - if you feel like fishing around there are a bunch of posts on this forum with decibel meters on them. The SDCs aren't bad - but they're on the louder end as far as DC pumps go. The Syncra Silents are downright loud, and anyone telling you otherwise has some sort of notch hearing loss (which is super common in men above about 35 - anyone who has done any work in a shop without ear protection).

doubleshot00

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd guess that there's a current sensor or calculation in there somewhere that's outputting something like 23.1512123w and it's being rounded to 23 for the screen. That longer number probably bounces around +/- .1w or something as debris/pressure/water height/etc impact the speed of the impellar, and the 42 setting puts you right around 23.5w and the way it gets rounded keeps switching. There may be something in the controller using that output and that's why it gets weird.

My general opinion is that the Jebao pumps are fantastic - but their controllers are definitely lower quality. Just don't run it at 42 if its causing issues.

Some of the controllers are 1-10 or 1-20 for speed, the DCPs are percentage, some are a bunch of visual blocks. Just depends on model and whoever was selling cheap motor controllers at the moment.

I have a whole bunch of DCPs running externally. And some DCWs. If he's talking about running them unprimed and sucking, then yeah, no.

I see a lot of "sicces are quiet" posts - if you feel like fishing around there are a bunch of posts on this forum with decibel meters on them. The SDCs aren't bad - but they're on the louder end as far as DC pumps go. The Syncra Silents are downright loud, and anyone telling you otherwise has some sort of notch hearing loss (which is super common in men above about 35 - anyone who has done any work in a shop without ear protection).
Ok yeah i guess it could be plumbed externally.

Yeah i have a Sicce 1.5 in my tank and you definitely can hear it over t5he DCP but i have found the the Syncras need to run for a weeks to get them dirty and they quiet down a bit. I want to get another 2500 but my one bad experience tainted me a little and this little Sicce is working just fine so why spend the extra money.

AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

RC
Back