Nitrogen cycle with CaribSea Agra-Alive Fiji Pink sand

saltyh2oh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am starting a Fluval EVO 13 gal saltwater tank. My question is, using CaribSea Agra-Alive sand, can I use Dr. Tim's ammonia and his nitrifying bacteria according to his instructions?

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yes. I used live sand, live Nitrifying Bacteria, and dead rock and pretty much skipped the ugly phase. It doesn't always work but the Nitrifying Bacteria and liver sand helps jump start that cycle.

Extremeengineer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used Arag-Alive, bacteria, and live rock from 2 lfs, skipped cycle, immediately was producing nitrates. I’ve also largely avoided the uglies, something I attribute to the diversity of bacteria from many sources occupying real estate the uglies would have tried to be squatters in, and running my lights only 4 hours a day total including ramps. Now the tradeoff is I only have fish and not coral in tank so far, but that let’s me be sure of what I want to put in.

taricha

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My question is, using CaribSea Agra-Alive sand, can I use Dr. Tim's ammonia and his nitrifying bacteria according to his instructions?
both the arag-alive and Dr Tims will cycle a tank and no issues with using both, (the sand responds faster).

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back