Nitrate Testing: Is the Nitrate 0-500 ppm Two Pad Test Strip any good?

BRS

mistergray

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone here used the “Nitrite 0-25 ppm, Nitrate 0-500 ppm Two Pad Test Strip” for testing the nitrates in their water? I currently use a Red Sea testing kit but was hoping for something with much less steps. Curious if anyone has any experience with these strips or something similar?

I did buy a Hanna instrument 2 years ago when I first started my aquarium and hated it. Put it in the closet and didn’t look at it until today. Attempted using it today and realized why I put it in the closet in the first place. You’d think if a man can be sent to the moon, that something would exist that could make testing water for nitrates a much simpler process. I know sending a man to the moon isn’t simple. :face-with-tears-of-joy: And yes, I’m sure someone will reply with a snarky scientific reason for why it should be this way, but whatever. :yawning-face: Any who, I’m sure I’ll get a bit of flack for this comment, but oh well. Lol!

B95ED872-AD7B-4086-A5D9-BA16C1D71B7C.jpeg

Last edited:
CLICK TO VIEW

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You want something that is designed for testing nitrates in salt water.

The hanna nitrate tester is actually cumbersome to use.

You also dont need a 0-500 scale nitrate reading or to be testing for nitrites at all unless you are technically inclined during cycling.

Use this test kit to test for nitrates in your tank. Its cheaper and will be WAY more accurate.

https://a.co/d/i3PL7S3

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Chemi-pure.com - All-In-One Aquarium Filtration
Back