Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just joining the group. I have a new EVO 13.5. I had a saltwater tank many years ago, since then mostly fresh water tanks. Right now I have 2 40 gallon breeder tanks. Planted community tanks. I may in the future think about converting one to a reef. But for now, just want to the get the EVO 13.5 going.

The tank has about 1/2 to 1 inch of CaribSea Arag-Alive reef sand and Dry Rocks (red coat), using Brightwell reef salt. The tank ran about two weeks and then I did a round of Dr Tims (One and Only) for two weeks. And this week (week 5 since setup) I added 2 misbar caramel clowns and some clean up crew . So far so good, they seem to be calming down and exploring tank a bit more.

I am doing weekly water changes, using Glacier water from Krogers and Brightwell salt, trying to keep salinity around 1.024/5. Using a mix of test kits for ammonia, nitrite and nitrates. I have used API reef tank kit for some, but not thrilled with accuracy of tests. I see others recommend Red Sea test kit, may switch to it.

Modifications I have on EVO 13.5 are the IN_TANK for Chamber 1& 2, and Sicce 1.0 pump. I am using InTank filter floss, bio media and carbon from Fluval for now. Thinking of switching to ChemPure, instead of Fluval carbon.

That’s about it for now. Would add pics but they look about the same as all the other startup pics I have seen!

Last edited:
Top Shelf Aquatics

Peace River

Thrive Master
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

Nutramar Foods

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Nutramar Foods

revhtree

Owner Administrator
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

Top Shelf Aquatics
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just joining the group. I have a new EVO 13.5. I had a saltwater tank many years ago, since then mostly fresh water tanks. Right now I have 2 40 gallon breeder tanks. Planted community tanks. I may in the future think about converting one to a reef. But for now, just want to the get the EVO 13.5 going.

The tank has about 1/2 to 1 inch of CaribSea Arag-Alive reef sand and Dry Rocks (red coat), using Brightwell reef salt. The tank ran about two weeks and then I did a round of Dr Tims (One and Only) for two weeks. And this week (week 5 since setup) I added 2 misbar caramel clowns and some clean up crew . So far so good, they seem to be calming down and exploring tank a bit more.

I am doing weekly water changes, using Glacier water from Krogers and Brightwell salt, trying to keep salinity around 1.024/5. Using a mix of test kits for ammonia, nitrite and nitrates. I have used API reef tank kit for some, but not thrilled with accuracy of tests. I see others recommend Red Sea test kit, may switch to it.

Modifications I have on EVO 13.5 are the IN_TANK for Chamber 1& 2, and Sicce 1.0 pump. I am using InTank filter floss, bio media and carbon from Fluval for now. Thinking of switching to ChemPure, instead of Fluval carbon.

That’s about it for now. Would add pics but they look about the same as all the other startup pics I have seen!

Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread under Forum > Member Aquariums and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). We do all love photos, and it sounds like you are well on your way!

This might help you find people local to you in Mid Michigan:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
WWW.ANIMATEDCORALS.COM
Back