Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello all! i was told about this site by someone i met a LFS. WOW what a great site! i live west of DC in front royal, va and would be interested in knowing if there is any local zoa clubs. if not are there local zoa keepers around?
thanks,
ANGRY GARY

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

gflat65

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the word Angry should always precede the name Gary. We're all ticked at the world, huh ;) .

Welcome to Club Zoa. I can't help you with local clubs, but I know there are locals to Va here.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
OP
OP
A

angry gary

GRUFF BUT LOVABLE REEFER
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
angry gary was a name given to me years ago by my so called friends when while on a 4 day digging trip in upstate ny i hit a deer on the second morning out. i hit him with MY car that had only 1000 miles on it. the car had extensive damage down the entire drivers side. i was justifiably very upset. my "friends " thought that i was overreacting. they kept saying don't worry the insurance would fix it. but here we are 500 miles from home driving for almost three days with a wrecked car. by day two i was labeled "angry gary".
the name has stuck ever since.

AG

twon8

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am in va, near richmond, but i know ficklefins is from the northern va area, as well as a few others on this board. im kind of surprised that club-zoa has made it to lfs banter, its great to get the word out.

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Gary,

I love over in Springfield, right next to the mixing bowl. There are a few of us on this foum that are in or around Northern VA and I met all of them over at www.WAMAS.org . If you have any questions or want to swing by some time just send me a PM. FYI, there is a great store over there called www.blueribbonkoi.com . The store is growing like crazy and have excellent prices on frags. Plus the customer service is exceptional!

AS
OP
OP
A

angry gary

GRUFF BUT LOVABLE REEFER
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you gadgets! i have heard of blueribbonkoi but haven't been there yet. i have picked up some nice frags from wally's in annandale, and roozen's in ft. washington. seen nice frags at the marine scene but couldn't justify their prices. iwill try to attach a couple pics.the first i got at roozen's and the second and third are from wally's.
i would really enjoy seeing others tanks.

ANGRY GARY

Attachments

• MVC-001F.JPG
    MVC-001F.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 113
  • MVC-003F.JPG
    MVC-003F.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 115
  • MVC-005F.JPG
    MVC-005F.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 116

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am in va, near richmond, but i know ficklefins is from the northern va area, as well as a few others on this board. im kind of surprised that club-zoa has made it to lfs banter, its great to get the word out.

i'm also surprised a LFS is talking about us. :) i dont see club-zoa being a major topic of discussion at atlantis any time soon, ya know? seems like certain areas (and stores) cater to more of the sps crowd than the zoa/lps crowd.

i'm in SW virginia. but i know there have been a couple of big time reef keepers up in the DC area. (like copps).

Top Shelf Aquatics
Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
A

angry gary

GRUFF BUT LOVABLE REEFER
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ficklefins and rocko,
thanks for the offer. i WILL take both of you up on it. rocko i drive past gainesville twice a day to and from work. and ficklefins, i really would like to stop by one evening. i get off work around 7 pm. i am meeting gadgets on wednesday. maybe wednesday evening?around 8 or so?
gary

Avast
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Geo's Reef
Back