New white tail Kole tang, am I just paranoid?

TortillaMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New Kole tang. Paranoid or what? Details in post

I had just bought a white tail Kole tang from my local fish store today. I got it home with no issues and it looks very healthy in the bag. I acclimated it and then put it into my tank. So far, it is behaving well and not causing any aggression towards other fish. I have shrimp in my tank. (60x18x22 with 30g sump) and for some odd reason, it keeps wanting to be cleaned by the shrimp. I noticed it even cleaning inside of the gills which kind of is concerning me. I have dealt with flukes and before and I’m hoping that it is not flukes. So far it is not flashing, but I am physically unable of quarantining my fish. I run a 24 W UV sterilizer though. This was a very expensive fish. At around $320 I will also be posting some pictures in a second here. if what this looks like is flukes or something I’m going to have to tear my rock work apart and then take the tang out because I DO NOT want a repeat of last time. I’m sorry for the pictures this is as clear as I can get before it darts away

IMG_3266.jpeg
IMG_3274.jpeg
IMG_3267.jpeg

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
too blue to really tell if anything is out of the ordinary, but if it's not flashing or presenting any other symptoms, i wouldn't worry. if anything, i'd appreciate a fish wanting to be cleaned.... most cases i see cleaning shrimp in tanks they never actually do any cleaning other than your hand when/if inside the tank. this was the case for mine when i had one in my tank, lol

OP
OP
TortillaMan

TortillaMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
too blue to really tell if anything is out of the ordinary, but if it's not flashing or presenting any other symptoms, i wouldn't worry. if anything, i'd appreciate a fish wanting to be cleaned.... most cases i see cleaning shrimp in tanks they never actually do any cleaning other than your hand when/if inside the tank. this was the case for mine when i had one in my tank, lol
So far no flashing but this is what my Sohal tang did near the end of its life (it came with my tank, was in the process or re homing him tho, I miss him so much) and that kind of puts me on edge because I know tangs are more susceptible to ich than other fish

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back