Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys I purchased rhodactis mushroom about 1.5 years ago and it started bouncing on me about 6 months in. I started propagating it and now have a few, I wanted to release some but I had no idea what to call it or what they're worth. Has anyone seen any like this? It looks like a berserker but way cooler. Let's think of some names!

bounce.JPG IMG_1470.JPG IMG_8355.JPG IMG_1221.jpeg IMG_1227.jpeg

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
Spearo

Spearo

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some sunkists and those are the green skinned ones mixed in between. The ones im talking about are gold/orange skin and bubbles. I have them in low to medium light, I feed them often. I have some sunkists in high flow and those suckers have bubbles the size of a finger nail. I just have never seen my all orange/gold variety before.

Top Shelf Aquatics
Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Spearo

Spearo

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never seen anything like that. can I buy one ?

When I decide to start shipping I'll send you a pm! I would like to wait until it gets a bit warmer or see if there's interest locally. I just moved from Orlando to Naples area and it's a bit of a reefing deadzone.

OP
OP
Spearo

Spearo

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely a rhodactis. Never seen one with the “bounce”. Truly amazing

They are pretty awesome, I've been looking for a bit to see if there's anything like them. It's cool that is seems to be genetic instead of caused by prolonged exposure to a stressor, a baby popped out and looks like it has bubbles. I don't run my blues too high, I observed some bubbles forming and when I propagated them, the bubbles seemed to get more intense.

James M

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I decide to start shipping I'll send you a pm! I would like to wait until it gets a bit warmer or see if there's interest locally. I just moved from Orlando to Naples area and it's a bit of a reefing deadzone.
Thank you !!

Top Shelf Aquatics

Vincent Azzano

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys I purchased rhodactis mushroom about 1.5 years ago and it started bouncing on me about 6 months in. I started propagating it and now have a few, I wanted to release some but I had no idea what to call it or what they're worth. Has anyone seen any like this? It looks like a berserker but way cooler. Let's think of some names!

View attachment 1394443 View attachment 1394444 View attachment 1394445 View attachment 1394451 View attachment 1394452
These mushrooms are super cool! I love the color

Top Shelf Aquatics

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Tampa Bay Saltwater Live Rock and Live Sand
Back