Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this one colony of zoas from someone taking down their tank, and i just want to see what their name is. I was guessing mean green but seeing as i dont know much i would rather have you guys take a look.

first pic:
zoas4.jpg

second pic:
zoas2.jpg

AquaCave Logo Banner

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those aren't mean greens. But they are a unique zoanthid. The difference between the polyps above and mean greens is the fact that mean greens are a solid green from mouth to skirt. The zoas posted above have an almost green target circle. Personally those are the first green circle zoas that I have seen.

I feel very confident in that they are a unique, or un-named zoa color strain. Nice score!

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
dohc97

dohc97

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My name is Jose, i live in Chicago and work on cars. I have been into fish since i was about 10(that makes 16 years keeping fish). I just recently started my nano reef. My saltwater experience is limited, I have had fo tanks for about 3 years and my nano is about 2 months old. The tank itself is a 20L, about 30 pounds of lr, 20 pounds of live sand, i use 2 mj600 for flow, lighting is 130 pc watts(one bulb 10000k, one actinic). Im barely starting to populate my tank so pics will be coming, i really like zoas and other colorful corals. So far i have frags of kenya tree, cabbage coral, fire and ice zoas, orange zoas, yellow zoas, the one mother colony pictured, a 4 headed hammer coral, a 3 headed frogspawn, and a rock covered in ricordea, almost forgot my fish, a bicolor angel. If this would happen to be an unnamed zoa, do i get to name it?

Stixbaraca

Zoanthid Pimp
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would go to www.zoaid.com and look around at the galleries a while...chances are there are about 5 different names for the color morph. But if your feeling like there isn't anything there that resembles it, you can send in pictures, a name, and why you think it doesn't look like any of the other colors morphs there!

CLICK TO VIEW

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
NYOS
Back