Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all...I am new to saltwater aquariums although I have had and still do mess with freshwaters for 40 years.
I am doing the research on reef tanks and getting ready to pull the trigger on a new 75 gallon tank. Any advice inc "Don't do it" will be greatly appreciated.

Nutramar Foods

Gtinnel

10K Club member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi and welcome to R2R. Since you are patient enough to research before buying a tank I think this hobby may be right for you. Patience is a big part of the hobby.
Welcome Aboard Hasan Minhaj GIF by Patriot Act

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
Nutramar Foods

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all...I am new to saltwater aquariums although I have had and still do mess with freshwaters for 40 years.
I am doing the research on reef tanks and getting ready to pull the trigger on a new 75 gallon tank. Any advice inc "Don't do it" will be greatly appreciated.

Welcome! Glad you joined. (background chanting... Do It Do It Do It Do It...)

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread under Forum > Member Aquariums and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in Lenoir City:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Corals.com
Avast

TraydersAnonymous

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dont buy store salt or reverse osmosis water by seapora if your hoping for for di ionized. its plain ro with a low tds but not 0

CLICK TO VIEW

LeannaBanana

Fishies and Frenchies
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Like many others have said, time and patience are your friends. I'm guilty of wanting to rush things because I get excited and have a plan, but skipping steps to save time tends to lead to bad results long term. I can't wait to follow along with your tank!

good bye hello GIF

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
FnR
Back