Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got my first reactor it is an innovative marine minimax midsize to lower my phosphate. I am using Rowaphos and some of the fine rowa escaped the reactor and landed on the bioballs in the bottom of my sump, moving forward I’d say I need filter floss in addition to the filter sponge it came with.

My question is the rowa that’s now in the sump on the bio balls… how big of an issue is that? Do I need to get it out right away, next water change, or will it be fine if it never gets removed?

Top Shelf Aquatics

FishOkay

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say it'd be alright left at the bottom, I don't think rowaphos leaches once its exhausted so it won't do any harm.
In regards to putting filter floss, personally I wouldn't have said that was the best of ideas. I feel like it'd just get clogged up really quickly and youd end up having to replace it every few days.
If it was me I'd probably just try a larger sized media that isn't so fine.

thomas_neil

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got my first reactor it is an innovative marine minimax midsize to lower my phosphate. I am using Rowaphos and some of the fine rowa escaped the reactor and landed on the bioballs in the bottom of my sump, moving forward I’d say I need filter floss in addition to the filter sponge it came with.

My question is the rowa that’s now in the sump on the bio balls… how big of an issue is that? Do I need to get it out right away, next water change, or will it be fine if it never gets removed?
I wouldn’t worry about it to much, as long as its not disturbed I’d say it can wait until next water change. I’d only worry about it if it made its way into the return pump chamber.

BRS
OP
OP
AnyNameYouWish

AnyNameYouWish

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say it'd be alright left at the bottom, I don't think rowaphos leaches once its exhausted so it won't do any harm.
In regards to putting filter floss, personally I wouldn't have said that was the best of ideas. I feel like it'd just get clogged up really quickly and youd end up having to replace it every few days.
If it was me I'd probably just try a larger sized media that isn't so fine.
I’m not against a larger media next go around but I’ve got 1000g of this to use up before I get some new :confused-face:

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not against a larger media next go around but I’ve got 1000g of this to use up before I get some new :confused-face:
Did you rinse it (in saltwater) prior to putting it in the reactor?
I do this or run the reactor outside of the tank first to get the "dust" out.

Nutramar Foods
AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Reef Diaper
Back