+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

I’m a new reefer that set up a 40g reef tank this January . Currently this system has been running for over 2 months. It is stocked with a pair of clowns and 2 cardinal fish. I put my first coral in which was the GSP shortly followed by the zoas. Today I received a order from TSA with the Duncan, chalice and rock flower anemone. I was hoping to get some tips or thoughts on my tank.

View attachment 2632035 View attachment 2632036 View attachment 2632037 View attachment 2632038 View attachment 2632039 View attachment 2632040

Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

AquaCave Logo Banner

gibec

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my tip would be...
To plan ahead and save space for some euphillias, most favorited corals. I was thinking your 2nd level rockwork should be good for them. where the duncans are at.
sps for the top rock. =)

i regret adding so much corals on my tank before i fell in love with em euphillias. I have a nano tank so space is limited.

OP
OP
R

RN_Reefer

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my tip would be...
To plan ahead and save space for some euphillias, most favorited corals. I was thinking your 2nd level rockwork should be good for them. where the duncans are at.
sps for the top rock. =)

i regret adding so much corals on my tank before i fell in love with em euphillias. I have a nano tank so space is limited.
That was actually my plan!

AquaCave Logo Banner
Top Shelf Aquatics

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about a year old established 13.5 gallon?
I still would say no simply because of their grown size. However, if you get a small one and can transfer when it gets large, then you could have it for a couple years probably.

iamahab

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still would say no simply because of their grown size. However, if you get a small one and can transfer when it gets large, then you could have it for a couple years probably.
I have been researching this all morning and decided to pull the trigger and ordered one. It's 2 inches now and I plan on keeping it in my evo for the moment. I plan on getting a 55 gallon tank within the next year so I will definitely have the space. I've just been worried it could die and it would nuke the tank.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back