Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank has fully cycled so I grabbed a (hopefully) pair of juvenile clownfish today. One is the classic ocellaris and the other one is mostly black. Will they pair successfully? They were divided by glass at the store. All Orange in one, black next to them. I wanted one of each for aesthetics. We put them in the bag together and they didn’t fight. I got home and put them in the tank and it was immediate fighting, about 4 really vicious strikes, sand stirred up, I thought “This is bad”. Then they stopped attacking and have been swimming next to each other all day. They seem to have established hierarchy already but I’ll keep an eye on them. I’m happy and wanted to show them off, thanks for all the help getting me to this point where I can watch my fish :)

AquaCave Logo Banner

Slocke

Wrasse Nerd
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank has fully cycled so I grabbed a (hopefully) pair of juvenile clownfish today. One is the classic ocellaris and the other one is mostly black. Will they pair successfully? They were divided by glass at the store. All Orange in one, black next to them. I wanted one of each for aesthetics. We put them in the bag together and they didn’t fight. I got home and put them in the tank and it was immediate fighting, about 4 really vicious strikes, sand stirred up, I thought “This is bad”. Then they stopped attacking and have been swimming next to each other all day. They seem to have established hierarchy already but I’ll keep an eye on them. I’m happy and wanted to show them off, thanks for all the help getting me to this point where I can watch my fish :)

I'm assuming they are both Ocellaris? Then yes once one has established dominance it will become female and most of the aggression should stop. I find it best to get two of different sizes to prevent dominance fights but now the fight is over you should be good!

OP
OP
WestMI-Reefer

WestMI-Reefer

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm assuming they are both Ocellaris? Then yes once one has established dominance it will become female and most of the aggression should stop. I find it best to get two of different sizes to prevent dominance fights but now the fight is over you should be good!
Yes both juvenile Ocellaris. I want to see if the patterns/colors change at all as they mature. The orange guy is slightly larger and seemed to have won their little 2 minute battle. The guy at the store said it might already be changing into female because he was the largest of the hatch. I have better video of them today

https://youtube.com/shorts/jRdRp-2sK_Q?feature=share

Top Shelf Aquatics

Slocke

Wrasse Nerd
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Hanna
Back