Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a new mp60 QD from LFS today only to find out that the manufacture is 29 December 2015 when I reached home. Should I return it? The box is still sealed. I know that its been sitting on the shelf for almost 6 years. Not an expert but electrical components do age right?

Avast

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
If you got it at a great price, use it. It wont have MOBIUS and may NOT be honored under warranty due to build date. It is possible they had it for years on the shelf why the date and I would be very nervous about being stuck with it should any issues arise with worksmanship

OP
OP
Waterbender

Waterbender

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you got it at a great price, use it. It wont have MOBIUS and may NOT be honored under warranty due to build date. It is possible they had it for years on the shelf why the date and I would be very nervous about being stuck with it should any issues arise with worksmanship
I got it for 630$ I just checked the mobius ready version is 770$ on brs. Do you think it’s worth the risk? I don’t mind using a non mobius ready version as I will connect it to the apex. My only worry is the 6 years wear and tear? And how often do these wavemakers break? Cz as you rightly mentioned the LFS told me that I will have to contact ecotech myslef in case of any problem.

BRS

LiamPM

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it’s sat in a sealed box then there’s no “wear and tear” So to speak and I just can’t see electrical goods aging when not being used.

Having said that if you did get a brand new mobius ready one you would need to downgrade the software to use with your apex and that can be a problem in itself as many have had issues. The fact your planning to use with your apex means this may be a blessing in disguise. I’d just contact ecotech and get a confirmation that they’ll warrant the warranty still before using it.

OP
OP
Waterbender

Waterbender

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it’s sat in a sealed box then there’s no “wear and tear” So to speak and I just can’t see electrical goods aging when not being used.

Having said that if you did get a brand new mobius ready one you would need to downgrade the software to use with your apex and that can be a problem in itself as many have had issues. The fact your planning to use with your apex means this may be a blessing in disguise. I’d just contact ecotech and get a confirmation that they’ll warrant the warranty still before using it.
That’s very helpful sir. Thanks for the information. I will contact Ecotech right away

AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Torch SALE
Back