nanoman95

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone

I’m due to add another fish (or 2) to the tank but I’m really struggling. I have a fire fish which is extremely peaceful so was put off clowns as I don’t want them to bother him and a lot of people have said clowns will turn aggressive as they mature.

I also really like the filefish but have been told these will predate on my sexy shrimp and turbo snail! I also have a strawberry conch who is living the dream as the sand bed dustbin!

I’m really looking for a peaceful fish or at least something that the Firefish can stand up to. I saw some lemon damsels (?) in the local shop and they were stunning but again, put off of damsels by hearing people’s experiences of keeping them.

The tank is 20 gallon and all parameters are stable (local shop tests for me) and keep urging me to add another fish but I’m scared to take the plunge and upset any current residents! I also have some macro algae which is growing and the shrimp love to sit in there.

So any advice on a peaceful fish that will get on with inverts and my Firefish?

Miami Reef

10K Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ocellaris or percula clownfish will get along great with the firefish.

They aren’t known for being aggressive.

OP
OP
nanoman95

nanoman95

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thankyou! Do you have a preference out of the two kinds? I really love the long nose hawk fish, but again, sexy shrimp and snails

paragrouper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellow clown goby. Very peaceful and a fun personality.
IMG_2060.jpeg

Mr. Mojo Rising

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any type of goby will do, they are the most peaceful fish IMO. Basslets are also very peaceful.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pistol Shrimp and Shrimp goby (smaller species) would be a good combination in a 20 gallon tank.
Pair of Yellow head Jawfish.
Another firefish to make a pair is fine (if you can pair them). If they don't pair, then they will fight, and one will get chase out of the tank.
Again, a pair of clown fish is great also.
The possibility is endless.

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a watchman goby and my firefish, which are perfectly peaceful. I also have 2 Picasso clowns that have not bothered any of the inhabitants.

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone

I’m due to add another fish (or 2) to the tank but I’m really struggling. I have a fire fish which is extremely peaceful so was put off clowns as I don’t want them to bother him and a lot of people have said clowns will turn aggressive as they mature.

I also really like the filefish but have been told these will predate on my sexy shrimp and turbo snail! I also have a strawberry conch who is living the dream as the sand bed dustbin!

I’m really looking for a peaceful fish or at least something that the Firefish can stand up to. I saw some lemon damsels (?) in the local shop and they were stunning but again, put off of damsels by hearing people’s experiences of keeping them.

The tank is 20 gallon and all parameters are stable (local shop tests for me) and keep urging me to add another fish but I’m scared to take the plunge and upset any current residents! I also have some macro algae which is growing and the shrimp love to sit in there.

Saddleback puffer. Very docile, except toward other Saddlebacks.

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone

How about a watchmen goby or a tailspot blenny?

AlyciaMarie

Where's my anemone?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Agreed.

I also have a 20g. I have a pair of Picasso clowns, which are a variant of Percula, and a watchman goby that live in peace with my firefish. They all hang out in a pack, oddly enough. I've never had problems with any fish getting picked on with this group of 4.

GARRIGA

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellowtail Damsels have never given me issue with aggression and could add a few as they don't take up much biomass.

NanoNana

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah yes they have some of these at the store! I don’t have any corals in there at the moment…would he still be happy?
The one fish I would never not have. They will be fine perching on rock or small corals.
Mine is so cute and funny. He likes my bernardpora which is only maybe the size of a US 50 cent piece. He sits on it most of the day if he’s not swimming around munching pods. Mine swims quite a bit.
When I feed mysis, I’m careful to chop tiny pieces for him but he will rush in and steal the biggest piece from the gramma and swim around with it trailing like a flag. He always brings it back a drops it. The gramma never gets mad about it. (Which is weird cuz if the firefish took food from the gramma there would be retaliation lol). The gramma sometimes naps behind the bernardpora and the goby will perch on the gramma…. Insane little fish.

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those will eat OP’s shrimp

Yes, they are a puffer fish. But they are very small (I believe the max size is 4 inches). But I don't believe they prey on critters of the same size.

The only thing my Saddleback goes after are vermited snails. Mostly the tubes to crunch on and maintain their beak plate.

littlefoxx

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, they are a puffer fish. But they are very small (I believe the max size is 4 inches). But I don't believe they prey on critters of the same size.

The only thing my Saddleback goes after are vermited snails. Mostly the tubes to crunch on and maintain their beak plate.
Yeah I know what they are. OP has sexy shrimp, a puffer will eat sexy shrimp for sure

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back