New Fish with Tomini Tang

JHSteepat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please let me have your recommendations.

I have a 4'x2'X21" mixed reef tank with a lot of rock and hiding places. I just ordered a female lyretail anthias and a McCosker's wrasse to arrive in a couple of weeks (Dr. Reef). I have an established (a few months) Tomini tang that has been a model citizen so far. I've never seen the Tomini chase anyone. I added 2 chalk bass and a cleaner shrimp a month or so ago and the tang totally ignored them on arrival, and continues to ignore them.

Should I be worried about tang aggression when adding the wrasse and anthias? In addition to the tang and the two chalk bass, I also have a couple of ocellaris clowns, a Midas blenny, a Springeri damsel, and a royal gramma, and they all play nicely.

There is no way I can catch the tang without taking down the tank (to put it in an acclimation box), but I am thinking maybe an acclimation box would be helpful for the new fish, along with a nighttime release.

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
tominis are pretty chill… I’d be more worried about the wrasse being aggressive than the tomini, but they’ll all prob get along fine

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back