Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All quick need some advice on diagnosing tried to get the best pictures I could but heres some background info. I received this fish about a week ago from Dr. Reef side note this is not about Dr. Reef his services have been AMAZING and the fish quality is unlike nothing else I have encountered and GREAT customer service. Anyhow this fish was fully QT'd but I just want to double check if this is lympho im dealing with. From my understanding Emperor Angels get this commonly when Qt'd and from stress of shipping please let me know what you think! ALSO I want to fatten him up a bit but so far he does not eat very much everytime I feed he will sort of just eat a few pieces then he seems to be done not sure if thats normal or not. My lemon peel did the same but now is a STRAIGHT pig so hoping that it will be the same. I am referring to the spots / fuzz on his fins.

Salinity - 1.024-1.025
Ammonia- 0
Nitrate - between 5-10 ppm
nitrite - so little to read
Alk - about 7.5 been working to get this up
ph - 8.0-8.3
Mag - 1400 ppm
Calc - around 380 ppm

IMG_1046.jpg IMG_1048.jpg IMG_1053.jpg

HankstankXXXL750

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had lympho a couple of times on different fish and placement makes me think that is what you have. Just keep an eye on it. If you haven’t try mega marine angel by hikari. I have excellent luck getting my angels eating with this. Has sponge and things they eat so I always supplant mysis etc with it.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hello All quick need some advice on diagnosing tried to get the best pictures I could but heres some background info. I received this fish about a week ago from Dr. Reef side note this is not about Dr. Reef his services have been AMAZING and the fish quality is unlike nothing else I have encountered and GREAT customer service. Anyhow this fish was fully QT'd but I just want to double check if this is lympho im dealing with. From my understanding Emperor Angels get this commonly when Qt'd and from stress of shipping please let me know what you think! ALSO I want to fatten him up a bit but so far he does not eat very much everytime I feed he will sort of just eat a few pieces then he seems to be done not sure if thats normal or not. My lemon peel did the same but now is a STRAIGHT pig so hoping that it will be the same. I am referring to the spots / fuzz on his fins.

Salinity - 1.024-1.025
Ammonia- 0
Nitrate - between 5-10 ppm
nitrite - so little to read
Alk - about 7.5 been working to get this up
ph - 8.0-8.3
Mag - 1400 ppm
Calc - around 380 ppm

View attachment 3113724 View attachment 3113725 View attachment 3113726
Quite common with both full sized angels and butterflies, Lympho is a condition and not disease. Often its associated with water quality issue as simple as elevated ammonia or nitrate and can be that of water from LFS and not yours. Assure to provide Good water quality monitored by a reliable test kit and feed nutritious food with fats such as LRS nano frenzy, hikari angel formula, spirulina brine shrimp and mysis shrimp.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1, that’s Lymphocystis, a viral disease. It may get worse before it gets better in a month or so, it is hardly ever fatal unless it clogs the fish’s mouth.
Jay

OP
OP
C

Coogzreef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for the reassurance I assumed this was the issue just double checking. Gonna get my hands on some hikari angel formula I've got a different angel formula thats not hikari so maybe just this brand he does not like.

00W

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These two are very correct.
In my 35 years I've had this happen twice. Each time on a fin. Both times I caught the fish, laid it on a towel and took a razor blade and scraped it off. Took all of 15 seconds.
My French angel lived 15 years and my Niger trigger was 7 before I moved and re homed him.
Neither fish ever had anything else ever.
Something worth trying if you're worried.
Excellent water quality and it'll probably go away on it's own.
Ocean nutrition angel formula soaked in garlic works well.
Hope that helps.
Joel

OP
OP
C

Coogzreef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These two are very correct.
In my 35 years I've had this happen twice. Each time on a fin. Both times I caught the fish, laid it on a towel and took a razor blade and scraped it off. Took all of 15 seconds.
My French angel lived 15 years and my Niger trigger was 7 before I moved and re homed him.
Neither fish ever had anything else ever.
Something worth trying if you're worried.
Excellent water quality and it'll probably go away on it's own.
Ocean nutrition angel formula soaked in garlic works well.
Hope that helps.
Joel
Appreciate the input! I am not too worried as I have dealt with mucus plugs on tangs seems like this is just the opposite on angels (i know weird comparison) but its always went away. This is a new fish so I dont wanna mess with him to much for the time being.

HankstankXXXL750

Valuable Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had it on a new butterfly and it looked terrible. It is completely clean now.
Here is my thread with some pics so I wouldn’t recommend trimming. It will go away.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
GHL Advanced Technology
Back