Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got some new clowns two days ago. They’re tiny. Maybe 1.5” long. They don’t seem to want to eat much they just wanna cruise around the tank at full speed. I’m feeding the same food the pet store I got them at fed them. They’re frostbite ocellaris. Is this normal? Short video of the clowns attached. They’re super healthy and have been doing great. I’ve tried feeding mysis and pellets like the LFS and also some marine flakes.

Attachments

• IMG_1560.MOV
    23.7 MB
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
Zoa_Fanatic

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give them a few days to settle in. Attempt feedings every day, but just a little initially until they start eating with gusto. They look pretty healthy in the video.
They seem healthy to me. They’ve been cruising the tank and they seem to be munching stuff off my rocks

Nutramar Foods

maugustine

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give them a few days to settle in. Attempt feedings every day, but just a little initially until they start eating with gusto. They look pretty healthy in the video.
I got some new clowns two days ago. They’re tiny. Maybe 1.5” long. They don’t seem to want to eat much they just wanna cruise around the tank at full speed. I’m feeding the same food the pet store I got them at fed them. They’re frostbite ocellaris. Is this normal? Short video of the clowns attached. They’re super healthy and have been doing great. I’ve tried feeding mysis and pellets like the LFS and also some marine flakes.
Have u tried frozen food? Our baby clowns seemed to eat that even when where stressed and new in the tank..

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
What color is their poop ? Normal or white and stringy ? Is there any hazy or cloudiness to their skin or facial area ?

Nutramar Foods

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They’re doing fine now. Eating anything I throw in
Good job waiting it out. XD Same thing happened to my clowns. I just kept tossing in pellets until they are hungry enough to finally accept the pellets, and now they eat like hogs.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

www.Riptideaquaculture.com
Back